cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone and intermittent broadband

tchodgson1

No phone and intermittent broadband

I have had no phone since the weekend before last and my broadband keeps dropping. I have reported a fault (93136252) but the engineer will not be available until Fri.
This seems a common problem on here and I wonder if there is a generic failure.
3 REPLIES 3
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: No phone and intermittent broadband

Hi and welcome to the forums,
I'm sorry to see that your fault has been going on for such a long time. We tend to find that phone faults (in the main) get resolved quite quickly. We just need to confirm the tests are done, and then send the case for further diagnostics with Openreach. We tend to be able to book an engineer at this point for some point within the next few days.
There are no generic problems with telephone faults at the moment.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
tchodgson1

BT have now fixed the defect. The phone line is now working but my internet connection is slower than before. I assume that this is the training but my question is whether it will automatically retrain back up or does somebody need to reset the line?
Thanks
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
Thanks for letting us know. I've adjusted the profile on our side for you so that it matched your BT profile.
Can you please disconnect, reconnect and let me know if you still have any problems.
Thanks,
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team