cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more messages???

foxleybob
Grafter

No more messages???

I'm not getting messages like Normal since going over to Plusnet.

I rang my number on my mobile to see what happens, and I got a message saying "your message box is full" ?Huh

I have a Messaging/fax phone (Panasonic) which I had for my business.

I don't understand why I have too get the Plusnet message system overriding my phone. (if that makes sense?)

Also the ring tone when i lift the receiver is different. It used to be one continuous buzz, but now it's intermittent? Hope that all makes sense?

Can anyone advice me please?

15 REPLIES 15
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: No more messages???

The intermittent dial tone indicates that you have messages waiting. Dial 1571 to hear them, and follow prompts to repeat, store or delete each one.

In the Member Centre, under 'Calling Features' you can opt out of voicemail if you prefer to use your Panasonic.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
RJM
Rising Star

You can get Plusnet to turn the service off for you if it is not required.

foxleybob
Grafter

I see, thanks for putting me straight on that then.

Pity plusnet didn't explain that to me when I took out the contract Sad

So does that mean if I did away with their voicemail, will it go back to my usual voicemail on my own phone?

If so, how do I stop/get rid of it please? (hope I don't have to call them and have to wait an eternity.Roll_eyes

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

As explained already, you can deactivate yourself via going online to "Member Centre"; alternatively set your own
answerphone to pick up calls after a short number of rings so PN's service doesn't cut in.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It has been known for it to show as inactive in Members Centre but still active on the BT system.

This is why some recommend getting Plusnet staff to look at it.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

With a bit of luck one of the PN people who frequent the forums will see this in the morning and arrange for voicemail to be deactivated.

Meanwhile, as voicemail cuts in after seven rings, your Panasonic will cut in first if it's set for a shorter period.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
foxleybob
Grafter

Thank you guys.

I'll wait a while  and see if a PN person comes on board, if not I'll have a go myself. Wink

foxleybob
Grafter

Sorry, meant to reply in this thread  a while ago...

I did find the problem, thanks to whoever posted the links earlier. Wink

I didn't realize that when the dialing tone beeps, there are messages waiting.(1571)

Apparently my message box was full and I've deleted most of them now.

I still haven't cancelled messaging yet though, as haven't had the time to wait on the line for an hour.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thanks for your patience @foxleybob

I've placed an order to remove your voicemail feature now which should be gone within 24 hours.

FYI It was active on your account so it could have been removed on the Member Centre. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
foxleybob
Grafter

Thank you Anoush

That has saved me a call Cool

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Just some further information, this wouldn't have needed a call as call features can be changed directly through our website: https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_add_call_features

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
foxleybob
Grafter

Update.

I got the messaging removed OK, but s*ds law, my Panasonic fax/answerphone/copier has packed up now   Shocked

So I've had to reinstate the messaging service with Plusnet Roll_eyes

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Always the case Sad Glad to hear voicemail's come in handy.

I hope you manage to get a replacement answer phone.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
foxleybob
Grafter

How true.

Thank you.

Pity your customer service by telephone isn't as good as you on-line service Cheesy