cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline, no broadband - can't get through to helpline - ticket raised online

chickc78

No landline, no broadband - can't get through to helpline - ticket raised online

This is ridiculous - noticed yesterday evening that phone line has no dial tone and zero broadband. Tried for an hour or so to get through to helpline but crazy queues. I have logged a ticket but the only response is an auto generated one telling me that Plusnet expect to respond within 72 hours. That is completely unacceptable IMHO.
I have run every  possible test, removed all devices and plugged alternate phone straight into master socket and no change.
ticket number 78393363
Help!!!!
7 REPLIES 7
chickc78

Re: No landline, no broadband - can't get through to helpline - ticket raised online

I have been with Plusnet for several years, I have never experienced any kind of billing or payment irregularity.
I just want someone to at least tell me they are investigating my fault!
Smiley
chickc78

Re: No landline, no broadband - can't get through to helpline - ticket raised online

Matt - I mean this in the nicest possible way - but - I don't particular care about Sue - this thread was started to raise the issue I am continuing to experience! Any chance of an update?  Smiley
Thanks
Chris.
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Because of this - I have split off the post by Sue and the replies and added them to he existing thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,121196
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm taking a look now and testing your line.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chickc78

Thanks Chris.
I note from the response you prompted in the ticketing system:
Fault Type:No dial tone
Test Results:Test Result: Fail - Fault located at exchange (Openreach side of MDF)
Description: FAULT - Dis in Exchange
Fault Ref:TR0000003152637

Am I reading that right in that a fault has been identified at the Exchange rather than there being a problem inside my house?
Thanks again,
Chris.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That's what the test I ran showed, I've reported it through to Openreach as the tests we run for phone can be quite accurate.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chickc78

Thanks Chris.
I'll wait to see how OpenReach get on.
Merry Christmas!