cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline for six days

Greenwell
Hooked

No landline for six days

Noticed I had no dial done on Wed 26 with corresponding message on cordless display. Reported this on call between 8.30 and 9.00 am  following day (Thur 27 August). A ticket was raised and I was quite clearly told that the problem would be resolved but it could take up to three working days. That ended yesterday as we have no bank holiday in Scotland so I am now coming to end of 6th day without service. I have parents living at home together 93 and 94 and I need this contact with them for safety. I have a mobile but the signal here is pretty unreliable and cannot be relied upon.

Why do plusnet customer care talk BS and make false promised? It is soo annoying. I made a request for an update on my ticket today and this has been ignored. I’d phone again but just don’t have the will to sit for an hour on hold to that dreadful soundtrack.  If you think I’m an unfair whinge please read my earlier post.

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: No landline for six days

The repair of the phone network is not in the hands of PN, rather it is the responsibility of BT Openreach. The 3 working days turn-round is the standard on a consumer grade SLA, and in most cases (but not all) this is achieved.

Unfortunately, the current situation has led to problems which mean that what, under normal circumstances, is possible, is not guaranteed.

PN call centre staff make responses based on 'normal' situations, and unfortunately not all of them are capable, or allowed to deviate from the 'standard' responses.

If you had 'an earlier post', it would have been helpful to either add to that thread, or at least post a link to it here - I'm not going looking.

John
Greenwell
Hooked

Couldn’t give a monkeys if you go looking or not mate, I just want my phone fixed. I am however intrigued why your telephone advisor failed to provide me with the information that you just have. Surely you train your staff to respond appropriately, especially given the circumstances you highlight yourself. This was the same operator (prompted  by her ‘manager’) who also told me I would be liable for a penalty for cancelling a contract which hadn’t even started)! A misleading falsehood that was quickly debunked by one of your more capable staff members.

So, given that this is ‘out of your hands’ do you have any suggestions on how I might expedite a repair or at least get some intelligent information as to what is actually happening? 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

POINT #1 I am not Plusnet staff, just another customer trying to offer advice/a little insight. I appreciate this type of situation is not ideal, but neither are the circumstances.

POINT #2 As above I'm not PN staff, so what I say is my personal opinion, based on years of customer-facing work , and an understanding of call-centre practice.

POINT #3 It was never in my hands, but the only realistic approach would be to call tomorrow and ask for an update. Please note, however, that you will be unlikely to get the job 'expedited' - PN are in the hands of BTOR when network problems occur.

John
Greenwell
Hooked

Yep, apologies, I am relatively new to this and assumed you were  a responded from Plusnet - entirely my error. I appreciate your input and helpful comments. Problem with going back to Plusnet is it is virtually impossible to get through (as I have experienced over the last week). I work and there is only so much time I can waste sitting for hours waiting on someone picking up the ‘phone. It is incredibly frustrating.

I have tonight made another comment on my ticket so perhaps they will read that. My main concern is just to get out of this limbo and get my phone back so that I can keep in touch with Mum and Dad. Working internet would be a bonus too. 

This is my problem, not yours but thanks for trying to help and apologies again for misinterpreting who you actually were!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @Greenwell and apologies for the delayed response.

From what we can see the fault was fixed this morning.

Let us know if that isn't the case

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Greenwell
Hooked

Hi Matthew,

No problem it is good to hear from you.  Just back in and as of 13.40 pm the fault remains - no dial tone and error message still showing on phone. I actually turned it all off again checked the connections but the problem definitely isn’t in my house. Anything you can do to assist would be hugely appreciated. Thanks John

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to me @Greenwell

I've passed this back to our suppliers for further investigation and we'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Greenwell
Hooked

I got a call from a BT engineer Friday afternoon to say this has now been sorted and all seems fine. Will I be compensated for 8 days without landline? Thanks John

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi John Absolutely,

I've just added a response to your account about that and sent you an email notification: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=205452928

Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team