cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline but broadband ok

Loz

No landline but broadband ok

Hi
My landline stopped working a few weeks ago, I noticed on the 1st feb when relatives txted me. Plusnet said the fault was identified on Openreaches bit of the exchange and would be solved by 6th Feb. It wasnt and the ticket is still open. i notice there are LOADS of people on forums with this problem, has anyone ever had it solved?
Despondently
Laurie Huh Sad
6 REPLIES 6
mushy
Grafter

Re: No landline but broadband ok

Unfortunately the PN staff don't usual patrol the forum over the weekend and will probably pick this up on monday for you, probably the best solution is to give them a call.
current waiting times can be found here http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

We had a similar problem with BT phone and broadband about 5 months ago. We reported the line to BT as an engineering fault via their web site. When the BT Open Reach engineer visited he tracked the cause of the problem down to a broken connection on one of the copper conductor pair in the wire feeding our house, The problem was in the street some distance from the house. Apparently DSL broadband can work on a single connector, but the modern voice phone system needs a pair of conductors.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Loz

:)Ah, thanks for the replies folks! I hope its something like that. Will ring if no joy by Monday evening, lucky I have my mobile but much more expensive!
Laurie
Loz

Sad  Aha, Plusnet  replied to say that an engineer did try to fix the fault on the 7th but couldnt because it was too much for him. They will be sending another (better?) engineer in a few days.
Hmm...
Loz

Angry And hmm... it is!  End of day when second engineer was supposed to have a go but still no phone.  Broadband working extremely well - to compensate perhaps?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Glad to hear that your broadband is working but not the case with your phone line, your ticket has been updated regarding this. We've escalated this to get is resolved ASAP,
you can view the update at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
Chris