cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet no phone terrible service

PlusnetRSh1te

No internet no phone terrible service

Phone went dead a month ago - no internet - spent 1HOUR on the phone just so some rude person could hang up on me the second the call was answered
Impossible to get through to them - how do I cancel  and can o get a refund for the money you have stolen from me under false pretences?
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: No internet no phone terrible service

Hi there,
Sorry that you're having problems with your service. I've just looked at your account and there's no fault reported at the moment, I can see you called in on the 10th and were transferred to our tech department but it doesn't appear that you got through to them.
I've just tested your line and it's reporting a 'loop' fault, which are often related to a problem in premises/equipment. Are you plugged in to the test socket with a single corded handset? If so is there still no dial tone?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PlusnetRSh1te

No I did get through. For about 2 seconds then they hung up on me
Not sure how this is my fault?
Haven't done anything my side - but this is still my fault right!?
What do you suggest I do now ?
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Have you done as suggested, - checked with the phone plugged into the test socket? If that fails it is unlikely to be an internal fault - unless you have extensions that are not disconnected when the the faceplate is removed to get at the test socket.
You will get a more effective response if you can describe your set up - type of socket (NTE5 etc), extensions, filters .....
Just for the record, your are sure the Plusnet rep hung-up and not that your line fault caused the line to drop?
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.