cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls on Plusnet fibre since migration from EE. Help please.

bell214b
Hooked

No incoming calls on Plusnet fibre since migration from EE. Help please.

Dear Community

Would appreciate a little help with my home phone if possible.

My land line transferred over on 14-01-20 at 04.00 and the fibre broadband at 19.00 same day, the phone was working ok until the fibre was connected later that day.

Called Plusnet agent on 15-01-20 as the phone was very noisy and also had loud clicking when trying to dial out, followed out trouble shooting as per the self help instructions, no difference to noise or clicking.

One of my family members tried to call on the 22-01-20, unable to connect so she rang our mobile to tell us of this problem.

I called Plusnet agent who gave me instructions to carry out tasks on my home phone, such as disconnecting everything, taking off the cover of the master socket to use the test point, no such thing on my m/socket as it was a LJU2 after looking on google. Reconnected everything still the same, broadband is fine.

He then said that if they get an engineer out that it would cost me if the fault was in the house. Common sense tells me that this landline as a problem caused by the fibre connection up the street not in my house wiring.  This line as been in use for 4 years with no problems for EE broadband/phone and before that with Talktalk.

Only had this problem since the transfer to Plusnet.

As some of my family only have a landline I could use some help please,  the agent as not logged the call as far as my account shows. Also called 17070, which was hard to hear due to all the noise but the number is correct.

Any help would be most welcome and appreciated.

Thank you.

Ps Not had any nuisance phone call since transfer lol.

10 REPLIES 10
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: No incoming calls on Plusnet fibre since migration from EE. Help please.

You need toget plusnet to get an engineer out - your libe is not going to fix itself.

The £65 call out charge is standard but is only charged if the fault is in your equipment, and by the sound of it you have done all the tests to eliminate that.

The good news is that your broadband speed may well increase when the line fault is fixed!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there @bell214b

I've just been testing your line and it appears there's a call in progress at the moment so that's blocking me from investigating further. Could you let me know when the line is free please and I'll get back onto that for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bell214b
Hooked

Hi Adam

Thank you for help, I have been in all day and no calls in or out so not sure whats going on.

I have just gone to the phone and can get a dialing tone but as I have said very noisy, and no incoming.

Paul

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @bell214b and confirming that.

We've retested the line and it's still showing a call in progress so we've raised that to our suppliers for further diagnostics and we'll update you as soon as we know more.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bell214b
Hooked

Hi Matthew

Thanks for the heads up and your help.

Paul

TedT
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Hi there, Ive had a look over the fault Matt raised and we have been given and Estimated Response Time  29/01/20, Please allow this time to pass for a resolution.

Regards

Kev

Kevin T
 Plusnet Help Team
bell214b
Hooked

Hi Kev

Thank you for the information.

Regards

Paul.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi Paul, I've checked the fault and the suppliers tell us it's all resolved. Can you check and let us know if you have problems. Cheers, Tony

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
bell214b
Hooked

Hi Tony

yep things look good, openreach rang the landline this morning and said the fault was there problem and that everything should be ok now, good to get that call and have since had another call so up and running.

Thanks to everyone who got involved with this problem.

Regards

Paul.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

That's great to hear @bell214b Smiley

I have applied a credit to the account to cover the brief downtime and this will reflect on next months invoice.

Please just get back to us if you have any further queries.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team