cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No home phone since fault reported 10 (ten) weeks ago

robspencer

No home phone since fault reported 10 (ten) weeks ago

I reported a fault on my phone line on 8 July and I'm still waiting for it to be repaired (@ 16/9/15).  I get lots of apologies from Plusnet for my inconvenience but very little action.  Oh I almost forgot, you did send three "engineers" (on seperate occasions) and the second and third ones didn't know about the first one and wanted to do exactly the same checks and tests. 
It's now been a month since the third of the "engineers" came round and nothing has happened - my phone is still dead.
I complainf a week ago through the "complaints" facility on tour website, and still nothing has happened, not even a reply to the complaint.
I wonder what I have to do to get you people to provide what you've been paid to provide?  Do I realy have to take this to court?
4 REPLIES 4
robspencer

Re: No home phone since fault reported 10 (ten) weeks ago

So, still no phone and not a peep out of Plusnet.  Hard to believe in this day and age.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

This is awful, really sorry that you have been without phone for such a long length of time.
I've been in touch with Openreach to find out the source of the delay. Unfortunately, they are relying on contractors to get the work done, and they seem to be dragging their feet a little bit.
At the same time, we have needed permission to dig, and to arrange duct work in order to proceed. This often takes a long time to resolve.
We have been asked to check back up on the 25th for an update, though I can only really apologise for the delay in getting your fault fixed.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
robspencer

Dear Matty
Thanks for your sympathy and apologies but they seem to be all PlusNet is any good at. 
But things started to move yesterday when an engineer turned up to route a new cable into our house.  That would have been a good thing if he had had the wisdom and foresight to arrange for someone to be home to let him in.  Nobody was home so he went away and left a nice note to say he had been. 
The note said "I will pin this job to an engineer for tomorrow morning so if you could be in that would be ideal."
So I arranged to have more time off work (this is now the fourth time I've had to take time off work for this problem) to let the engineer in this morning.  Guess what?. . .  no engineer showed up at all!!
You really are taking the Mickey with this.  You couldn't make this more frustrating, inconvenient, incompetent etc etc if you tried really hard.
So now I still have no idea when I need to take another day off work to be available to let someone in if they decide to show up. 
Maybe you could raise this with someone that can maybe get something done about this shockingly bad service?
BRABUS
Grafter

Can I firstly say that despite what you think, the issue isn't with Plus Net.  They are always being screwed over by BT Openreach.
My parents had an issue when they bought a new house a couple of months ago and despite Plus Net telling Openreach that a cable had already been laid they were claiming it had not been and the saga just went on and on and on.  Plus Net tried hard on my parents behalf and the only way we got BT Openreach to do anything was my dad sent an email to his MP.
The MP wrote to someone somewhere and within 24 hours Openreach went into a state of panic.  This truly is your only way to deal with Openreach, trust me when I say that Plus Net will be grateful for you contacting your MP.
If you don't know who your MP is or how to contact them then use this link and just enter your postcode.
http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
Don't forget to let us all know how you get on as things will move really fast once your MP makes that call LOL.