cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No home phone service for a week

henderson2

No home phone service for a week

I submitted line fault ticket no. 81185443 on 12/2/2014.  The update to my ticket was that it should be repaired by Monday 17th of Feb by BTOR.  It is still not working and this is the latest update on the ticket from around 7am today.
We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 81185443 ] has now been returned to the BOT - Phone Faults - Logged pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

Shouldn't my issue have been investigated at this point as it was suppose to be repaired by yesterday?  I understand the weather has been a problem, but to be without a phone for a week is excessive.  As I stated in the ticket I raised, my husband is disabled and a land line is very important for us.  Would it be possible to have the calls to our land line forwarded to my mobile without charge as we've been without phone service for so long now?
As calls to Support frequently take over an hour in the queue to be answered, that's not an option to get updated.  Replying to the support ticket itself usually takes a couple of days for a reply.  And for the past 3 days the broadband has been even slower than it was originally with the phone line fault and has been disconnecting frequently.  So I feel like posting here is my only option to find out what is going on. 
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

3 REPLIES 3
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No home phone service for a week

Hi Mrs H,
Really sorry to hear you've been without a phone for over a week. Unfortunately we wouldn't divert your calls from your land line to your mobile for free.
Can you please advise if your husband has a panic button which relies on the landline? I'll ensure that your ticket is responded to by the end of the day today.
henderson2

No he does not have his panic button yet.  It has been re-scheduled to be installed next week now as we have had no phone service for the past week.
Thank you.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just been informed that our suppliers have confirmed that an engineer will be attending to carry out the external work to rectify your fault. Unfortunately they've not been able to arrange one until now due to the bad weather. My colleague will be updating ticket 81185443 for you shortly with further information.
Really sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.