cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dialtone, broadband ok

aNdyrOberts

No dialtone, broadband ok

My phone line has no dial tone.  I have taken the cover off the master socket and plugged a corded phone in directly to test and there is still no dial tone.  I have run the trouble shooter a number of times but keep getting "The result of your line check is unclear".

Can someone from PlusNet please run a proper line test and advise where the fault is and how to get resolved? Broadband is still working so a reply by email is fine. No mobile signal here so don't bother trying the alt contact number.

4 REPLIES 4
aNdyrOberts

Re: No dialtone, broadband ok

The fault is affecting other users nearby and on the same cabinet so it's obviously an Openreach problem.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @aNdyrOberts

Do you still not have a dial tone? The reason I'm asking is that I've run some tests on the line and have found no issues with the service.

If you're still having this problem, we'd need to raise a fault and book in an engineer appoint with you.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
aNdyrOberts

It's all back ok now thanks.

I was told by a neighbour it was "brief routine maintenance".  But on a cabinet that's only 14 months old?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Glad to hear that it's back up and running @aNdyrOberts

I wouldn't really be able to assist regarding Openreach maintenance, however if you have any further problems, please feel free to reach out Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds