Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

FIXED
DavidB2
Dabbler

No dial tone

Hi

I have no dial tone on any of my landline phones.  My internet is working normally.

I am having trouble getting through to anyone at Plusnet on my mobile.

thanks

David B

7 REPLIES 7
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: No dial tone

There might be Plusnet People around in the forum still this afternoon; if so, they may pick this up.

You still have internet, so there is a series of checks at https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/  They include a line test which would probably report faults to Plusnet/Openreach.

I put it like that because the test can give an error message but still generate a report. After you have run the test, and if it says oops!, look on your Plusnet account to see if it has created a ticket. You can check for tickets here - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

DavidB2
Dabbler

I am an OAP with limited mobility.  I have already tried all the checks I can do.  When someone rings my number they get the message 'The person you are calling is on the phone. please leave a message.  There is no engaged tone.

David B

DavidB2
Dabbler

Hi

It's all working again now.  Thanks for anyone who helped.

David B

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @DavidB2 and apologies for the delayed staff response.

Glad to see your phone's sorted now although I can't see anything we've done to fix this.

Let us know if you have further issues so we can investigate.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alfaman
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Dear All,

I'm having the same problem no dial tone, phone dead can't make or receive calls. Have done the usual checks - plugged a corded BT phone into the master socket and nothing. Have tried the phone checker and as usual get the msg "Oops something went wrong" time this was fixed surely?.

Any help from the community would be appreciated.

Alfaman 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Alfaman

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I can see that a fault has now been raised on your account and we are awaiting our suppliers working on the issue for you. You can view all updates here

Thanks. 

Alfaman
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Hi Mads, thanks for your help, its all working now. However, i wouldn't be surprised if it goes down in another 2 months or so - the amount of trouble I've had with this line over the years is unbelievable. Thanks anyway.

Alfaman