Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

woober
Grafter

No dial tone

Hi I wonder if someone can help please.

My home phone has no dial tone, I renewed my contract recently and am wondering if something has been overlooked. If I dial my land line from my mobile the line rings but there is nothing from the phone. The phone connected is a hardwired phone and I have borrowed another wired phone from a neighbour to eliminate possible equipment faults. I have also pulled the main double socket/filter off of the wall plate and plugged the wired phone directly into the wall plate socket. My broadband/internet is working fine.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: No dial tone

Contract renewal shouldn't affect your phone or broadband. It is probably worth you running the online phone troubleshooter https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter

It will report any problems and get them looked at.

woober
Grafter

Thanks for the suggestion but I've already done that, got as far as the line check then just got a message saying test was inconclusive and I should call the 0800 number.

woober
Grafter

I didn't realise that when I was doing the line check and getting the 'oops something went wrong' message it was actually generating a fault ticket. So hey presto I've got three tickets open now. Bit of a strange way of doing it.