cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone.

JohnnyFP

No dial tone.

Today I unplugged the cables from my master socket so I could have new flooring. When I plugged everything back in there was no dial tone. I removed the adsl splitter and plugged the phone direct but still nothing. I tried two other sockets in the house but got nothing. Now the other thing is, it works (albeit with some noise) when I plug the phone into the BT test socket. The phone works only with this. Any help would be much appreciated. Would I need to call out an engineer?
1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: No dial tone.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your telephone sockets.

Our tests aren't showing any issues and if your handset works in the test socket, but not your extension sockets that may indicate the issue lies with the extension wiring between the sockets.

Unfortunately we can't arrange an engineer to investigate this as our suppliers are only responsible for the line coming into the test socket, so I'd recommend finding a third party telephone engineer.

Alternatively if you can I'd leave your router and phone handset plugged into the test socket as that's always going to be the best place for the service, though I appreciate that's not always possible.

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet