cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

empyrean1

No dial tone

I have reported my home phone has no dial tone on Friday monring and was advised 1 -3 WORKING days to repair it. By lunchtime I had received a text to say that my fault had been passed to [named] Open Reach engineer who would be contacting me.

No contact as yet but am I to assume that Open Reach are still in the 1950s regarding the working week? Do they really not work at weekends?Huh

I do have internet and mobile so not a huge problem for me to make calls except folks calling my number hear my phone ring and then it goes to voicemail so I'm getting mobile calls asking why I haven't responded - very frustrating!!

9 REPLIES 9
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: No dial tone

Welcome to the forum.  Smiley

@empyrean1 wrote:

No contact as yet but am I to assume that Open Reach are still in the 1950s regarding the working week? Do they really not work at weekends?Huh

They do, but not usually on routine residential faults.

The schedule you've outlined above seems about normal.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Welcome to the forums. I can't promise anything, but I'm hopeful you'll get some traction on this today. However, the official estimated response time is tomorrow at 5pm. If you've not heard anything then, we can chase for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
u123072
Grafter

I have exactly the same problem (TR0000009475028). No dial tone since Friday (17th) morning. First action schedule for Monday (20th).

It is the 21st century and a 24/7 society. Would I get better service if I was a business customer working from home?

A company the size of BTOR should be a 24/7 operation imho.

My FTTC broadband is working @ 50% speed so it cant be something serious like a broken cable or maybe I'm wrong?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@u123072

BT Openreach are a 24/7/365 company.

However Plusnet only pay for a level of support from Openreach which isn't at that level. So cheaper prices from Plusnet means slower support agreements with their suppliers. It is an income/cost/profit balancing act at Plusnet.

If you want quick responses, you will need to find a supplier who pays for it and you will pay a lot more correspondingly.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
u123072
Grafter

Thanks. As a residential customer I don't think it matters much who I choose. My neighbours are supplied by a multitude of suppliers all of which use the BT infrastructure. We are all in the same boat. Hopefully somebody affected by the same fault pays for a better service! Smiley

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this.

From what I can see a engineer has been out today and the issue has been fixed?

Let us know if you're still having issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@u123072 wrote:

@My FTTC broadband is working @ 50% speed so it cant be something serious like a broken cable or maybe I'm wrong?

With FTTC, if one leg of the pair is broken twixt cab and house, the broadband can often work at reduced speed, because RF can "jump the gap".

If telephony fails due to a copper fault twixt cab and exchange, the broadband will work as normal.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
u123072
Grafter

Thanks. All seems normal now. Ticket has not yet been updated though.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @u123072, glad to hear it's sorted. I have updated the ticket. 

Let us know if we can assist further.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team