cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

south-hamster

No dial tone

Hi there Plusnet  

i have no dial tone, fault checker say oops please call ......    been on hold for customer support for at least 35 minutes now, but am in very poor mobile signal area so have problem with signal drop-out and then have to go to back of queue again!! Sad

Broadband is OK  I have checked filters and different phone, but no help.

Can you please run a line check and log it with BT?

thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: No dial tone

south-hamster

Yes thanks, tried all the suggested fixes but still no dial tone. Have got Internet however, so only a problem with the voice line.

DS
Seasoned Champion

Sad

So the phone troubleshooter just tells you to call them?Huh

Have you checked for any open tickets (log in required) as I'd of thought their system should have triggered something..?

If you've tried the phone in the (true) test point on the master socket, made sure that the volume on the phone has not been either turned down or off, tried another known to work corded landline phone, or tried yours in a neighbours phone socket then there must be something wrong.

You need to be 99.99% confident the issue isn't at your end, or you may be liable for the call out charge (£65 I believe).

What type of master socket do you have?

south-hamster

Thanks for reply.

Did not know about ticket system and when I checked a ticket has been raised so I guess I now wait until we get a reply.

I am 99+% sure the fault is not at my end. A neighbour has had the same fault!! The BT master socket is as shown on the Plusnet video and I have checked at the test socket with a corded phone.

I am not going to get too upset yet, I have had 8+ years of good service from Plusnet and this is the first major issue I have had.

DS
Seasoned Champion

No problem at all Smiley

I must admit the ticket system could do with some tweaking, ignoring the fact that we (the customer) can no longer open a ticket, the only notification that I know of is a little pink window when we sign in to or 'My Portal'.

Maybe they should send a text or email to say 1) a ticket has been opened and 2) that they've updated the ticket with more info.....

Since joining PN in December, we've had a few emails but at least 20+ tickets (or additional PN comments to existing tickets) so finding them sometimes is a surprise!!Huh

Good luck, I hope the fault is quickly found and rectified in due course.

Should you hear nothing from PN in a day or so, either give them a quick call (<- I know ironic) or pop back on here and hopefully one of the PN forum staff will sort it outKnuppel