cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

waynem41
Grafter

No dial tone

Had no dial tone on the phone earlier , tried a corded phone at the master socket but still not working.
I called Plusnet only to be told that the lines were busy and I was in a queue of around an hour to get through to an agent at 10:45PM  Cry  good job I didn't try and get through in the afternoon  Roll_eyes , I gave up on the call and left a support ticket only to find that -
At the moment we're averaging a response time of 46 hours 24 minutes 53 seconds for new queries

Is there a huge fault somewhere in the Plusnet system and everyone is calling at the same time or is the support just that bad these days  ?
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No dial tone

Hi and sorry about the fault and the long wait to get through.
We're just particularly busy at the moment, we're taking a look at what we can do to help alleviate this.
I can see you updated the ticket to say that the line is now working again so I'll drop you a reply to that shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
waynem41
Grafter

Thanks Adam
The line was dead as in no dial tone , I called our number using my mobile and it rang , the dial tone came back .
I don't know if the incoming call triggered something or it was just coincidence and it happened to come back at that time but it seems to be working ok since.
fozzy1138

Having same issue after this morning's thunderstorm - no dial tone but broadband still working (though that went out temporarily this morning as well). Got same 46 hour to respond message to my online ticket but ringing support earlier the queue was over 15 minutes, which will make a very expensive call on my pay as you go mobile.
Beginning to think leaving BT was a bad idea as I could chat online with them to sort out problems like this without incurring big mobile bills. Since changing over to plusnet my broadband on the same kit has been FAR slower too, attempting to upload short clips to youtube has become a real trial and I struggle to browse webpages at times.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there
Sorry to hear your phone has gone down. Our testing is showing a external issue which i'm going to get raised for you now. I'll pop the full details on your open question.
With regards to your upload I've placed a order to uncap this which will complete Monday morning and should give you a boost.
If there's anything else we can help with please let us know
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
fozzy1138

Thanks Matthew, that's appreciated. Not sure how much effect uncapping will make to uploads as I'm seeing about a quarter of the speed I saw on my previous ISP, but it's worth trying.

Edit: the fault 'is' affecting broadband as I've just tried a speed checker and my download speed has dropped from the usual 2-3mb/s to 0.5. I had thought webpages were limping along more than usual. The upload speed isn't much affected though, 0.27mb/s is around what I saw before (i.e. pretty lousy).
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi  fozzy1138,
I'd agree that it sounds like the phone issue may be having adverse affects on broadband and that could be affecting upload speeds too. However I've no issue with what Matthew's done as I'd rather we do that for you than nothing at all. We can if need be investigate that as a separate issue but we'll need to make sure the phone fault is fixed first as we can't report faults on both services at the same time.
With that in mind I can see the fault is being worked on and we're expecting this to be resolved by the end of the day tomorrow. Following that we'll pick things up again with you re your upload speed and see if anything else needs to be done.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team