cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone or ADSL

mot
Grafter

No dial tone or ADSL

We went live on the 16th after a switch from tiscali (we were completely LLU'd with them)
It seems that we haven't actually been switched over to the plusnet network and that we were somehow authenticated over tiscali's network on the PN network. (due to legacy reasons it seems??)
This morning, our tiscali contract was terminated and we are now left with no dial tone and no ADSL, yesterday we had both but calls weren't being routed to our phone number correctly, if I rang it from my mobile it would ring on my mobile but the actual house phone wouldn't.
There seems to be a severe issue here that needs sorting as we have no service and after BT have been around to prove pairs and PN have had a month to correctly place the order, which they haven't as we're still on 20CN rather than 21CN.
Could one of the team please look into this for me, I do have two tickets open - one to regrade the line to 21CN and the other regarding the phone fault which probably needs updating.
I guess you can find out my username from my forum profile?
6 REPLIES 6
itsme
Grafter

Re: No dial tone or ADSL

Don't think 20CN or 21CN come into it at the moment as I believe your line has not been rejumpered off Tiscali's equipment to BT's equipment.
I'm also not sure why BT needed to prove pairs as surely the PN connection is using the existing Tiscali connection/pair.
mot
Grafter

I think you're right there itsme, I believe that I'm still connected to tiscali's equipment at the exchange and as my tiscali account is now inactive I now have no line at all.
I've had a text off plusnet stating that my ticket has been passed on to the wholesale supplier (BT I guess?) Hopefully they'll get someone down at the exchange to swap me over ASAP!
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
This is with our suppliers fault team (BT Wholesale). It does seem like a jumpering issue, but we're not likely to get an update until later on today.
mot
Grafter

After going home at dinner and restarting my router, I obtained sync with the exchange at ADSL rates rather than ADSL2+ so it seems the third leg is still connected to something correctly in the exchange!
Still no dial tone though..
I await your update later, be interesting to know what's going on Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It looks like an engineer's been tasked to visit the exchange to have a look there, as the fault diagnostics (and your report of what's happened ;)) certainly point that way. I'd hope they'll be out tonight if not before but the estimated response time is tomorrow afternoon, so it could be either. We'll let you know as soon as we do.
mot
Grafter

Thanks for updating me Matt Smiley