cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone on phone

joaniem
Hooked

No dial tone on phone

I left a written message for Plusnet Support yesterday advising that my house phone had not dial tone but broadband is working.  I have not had a reply can anyone advise me what to do, I do not want to phone Plusnet using my mobile at 25p per minute when there is always such a large demand for help  and therefore a long wait.  I have tried plugging a corded phone into the socket where the line enters the house and still dead.
15 REPLIES 15
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: No dial tone on phone

Welcome to the forums
Given the present problems with the broadband I would think that the call wait is really horrible
I would suggest waiting for it to be picked up - the staff may be on here over the weekend but more likely on Monday
When you say you left a written message I assume you raised a ticket - did you use this link to do it https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22965&wizard_id=38
joaniem
Hooked

Thanks Oldjim, bit of a novice at all of this but I do think I have reported the problem in the way you suggested.
floodfly

Same here - no dial tone - tried usual stuff  and can't get through - surely there should be an update for phone by now?  Broadband fine.
pony52

Same with me - no dial tone but broadband fine?! Fault reported last Wednesday but no contact from Plusnet, getting a bit hacked off to put it mildly!!!!!  Angry
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@pony 52 I've responded to your other post here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,131253.0.html
@floodlfy I can see that you contacted our support team and this has now been raised for you.
@joaniem I've tried testing your line, however, this has been returned inconclusive. Can you please unplug all your equipment from your socket and let me know when it's all unplugged so that I can re-test the line?
joaniem
Hooked

Thanks Linn K for your reply apologise for raising the query twice, I am new to this.  I will now go and disconnect the broadband so you can test the line again. Thanks
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've tried testing the line again but it's still returning inconclusive results.
I've commented on Ticket: 90782134 with further instructions for you to carry out some own domain checks before I raise this to BT Openreach as the checks will rule out your equipment or internal wiring being the issue. If you complete all the checks and you still can't get a dial tone then we'll have to arrange for an engineer to visit the property.
joaniem
Hooked

Hi Linn, I replied on Monday and supplied the information you need, - ticket 90782134 - yesterday came and went and I am still no further forward, do not know if you have arranged an engineer or any idea when I will get my service back.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi joaniem,
Sorry for the delay, engineer appointments are between 8AM and 1PM and 1PM and 6PM, can you advise if you'd be available on Friday at all as we have engineer availability on that day?
joaniem
Hooked

Yes 8am to 1pm on Friday 5th Sept can you please confirm
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's been booked for you for Friday 05/09/2014 between 8AM and 1PM. I will be on annual leave as of the end of the day today and I won't be back until the 15th so if you need any assistance following the engineer's appointment please post back on here and one of my colleagues will be able to assist.
joaniem
Hooked

Thank you Linn, hope it is sorted on Friday as it will be over a week without a telephone.
reader
Dabbler

I have this problem - started tonight.  "No Line" is displayed on Landline Handset.  
If I phone my home number from my mobile I get an engaged tone.    
Submitted fault via suggestion made earlier in this thread and understand it will be 37 hrs before I get a response ( 91037700 )
reader
Dabbler

My problem resolved it was a Master Socket faulty filtered faceplate.  Done over phone sorry didnt catch the very helpfull chaps name but he carried out tests 3 times and resolved problem.  Thanks