cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone on phone line

chimera_cam

No dial tone on phone line

Hi,

Since this afternoon my phone line has no dial tone.  I've tried both DECT cordless phone system and plain old corded phone in the master socket.

I have tried to run the trouble shooter a number of times, but keep getting "The result of your line check is unclear".

Could someone from PlusNet please run a proper line test and advise where the fault is and how to get resolved?  Broadband is still working fine at the expected speed.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: No dial tone on phone line

Hi @chimera_cam,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your landline. I've tried testing the line multiple times this morning however I haven't been able to get any conclusive test results. Is the line currently in use? If not, is the phone on the receiver? Please let us know and I'd recommend carrying out these troubleshooting steps if you haven't already done so.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
chimera_cam

Hi,  Thanks for the reply.

The phone line isn't in use and the phone is on the receiver.  I've followed the troubleshooting steps with no success.  With a corded phone plugged directly into the master socket I hear nothing, the phone is completely dead.  With a DECT basestation plugged in I hear a buzz that varies in volume.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for confirming this @chimera_cam. I've looked into this further this afternoon and have raised a response which can be viewed here. I'll keep an eye out for any further updates throughout the afternoon as I suspect our suppliers will request we arrange an engineer visit to the property with yourself, however we'll cross that bridge once we get there. Apologies again for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team