cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone now resulting in broadband drop out

Harryd

No dial tone now resulting in broadband drop out

I am hoping for any advice regarding my phone line and how long it takes to get a repair as I have no dial tone? Initially,  it did not appear to impact my fibre broadband and so I reported the phone fault last week, and am awaiting further information about this. However, I am now having drop outs in my broadband (router drops out and then reconnects) and wondered if anyone had experienced similar problems and if so how long I should expect before this is resolved? (I can just about live without my home phone, but if I lose broadband as well then this would be a real problem).
Thanks and much appreciated (Please note this is the very first time I have ever used a forum so I hope that I have posted correctly)!
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: No dial tone now resulting in broadband drop out

Hi Harryd,
Welcome to the community forums Smiley
I've had a look at your fault and can see that it was schedled to be resolved on the 26th, I've checked and can see that they required extra time.
I'm getting this chased up and we'll update your ticket which you can view at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
Harryd

Just an update - received a call from an engineer at 3pm today saying he needed access to my house, which given I was in a meeting 100 miles from home was not great (had I been advised someone needed to be at home I would have made arrangements). I have just arrived home and phone still not working and broadband disconnected. Luckily, I have been able to get broadband back on but am worried my broadband will continue to be intermittent. Phoned help desk and understand "ticket" will be looked at in the morning and someone will get back to me within 72 hours. Looks as though I will be without phone for a few more days!
My biggest concern is my intermittent broadband access, and so has anyone faced a similar problem? (and more importantly, how was it resolved)?
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It's sounding like you may have a line fault between the Cab and you, and the Engineer needed to test from your Master socket. If that's where the fault is then the Broadband will be affected until the line is repaired.
If you are not in one of the areas listed in http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1359133246.htm then there is now reason why BTOR should not be looking at this straight away. Hopefully someone can pick this up in the morning and chase it for you.