Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone, no incoming calls

cblower1980
Dabbler

No dial tone, no incoming calls

Hi,
I have just migrated over to PlusNet from Be. Broadband was migrated successfully on the 24th and we are very happy with the service so far. I had a text stating that the phone service will be transferred on 07/02, however at the moment there is no dial tone on my landline and no one can call in. I have tried calling myself on my mobile and all I get is an engaged tone. I am not sure who to contact regarding this as I am in the middle of transferring, would it be PlusNet, Be, or BT Openreach? Broadband connection is still working even though there is no dial tone, I have tried a new filter, tries the phone in another socket etc, the only thing I can't try is a different phone as we do not have one available.
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No dial tone, no incoming calls

Hmm. Tough one I'm afraid, neither us nor the losing provider can raise a fault while there's an order on the line. Hopefully it's just part of the ongoing work to transfer and it'll be working again shortly, if not we'll get a fault raised for you as soon as the order's completed.
cblower1980
Dabbler

Hi Matt,
Just came in from work and the phone is now working again. We haven't changed a thing, so must have been a fault at the exchange.
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Either that or work being done on the line (possibly as part of the transfer) - but very glad to hear it's working again, thanks for letting us know.
cblower1980
Dabbler

Landline is now dead again, and broadband is up and down. Have tried a corded phone in the test socket this time and that is dead as well. Think it may be to do with the weather, as both times it has happened a couple of hours after heavy rain. Is the fault likely to get flagged when Plusnet take over the phone line?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not unless you raise it to us I'm afraid, but hopefully this is due to work done as part of the transfer and it'll come back on before it completes.
EDIT: We can still do that if you let us know in here, but it's easier for us if you raise it as a phone fault at http://faults.plus.net because that way we know all the necessary checks have been done.
cblower1980
Dabbler

I have now had an email saying "Your Plusnet Home Phone service is ready to use", but the line is still dead. Have reported a fault via the link above.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi cblower1980,
Sorry to hear that the line is dead. I have had a look into your account and raised the fault with our suppliers. Please see ticket 80947345 for the details.