cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone just crackling since last night and broadband off and on

elkieluca
Grafter

No dial tone just crackling since last night and broadband off and on

I can't get the help assistant page as the broadband keeps going off.  I can't phone in as no dial tone  please help.
37 REPLIES 37
joclark
Grafter

Re: No dial tone just crackling since last night and broadband off and on

Good morning, sorry to hear that you are having issues on your account, I am unable however to access this. If you have a mobile you can try calling 0345 140 0200. This number acts as a 01 or 02 number from a mobile.
Alternately, if you can access your account for a short while you can raise a troubleshoot at help.plus.net.
Thanks
Jo
joclark
Grafter

I have done a quick test on your line, I was unable to find any faults. If you raise a trouble shoot to
http://www.plus.net/support/phone/troubleshooting.shtml
This will save you hunting around for the correct process on the help assistant.
elkieluca
Grafter

Thank you
elkieluca
Grafter

Broadband speed dropped from 15mbps to 5 mbps

After having trouble with my phone today which seems ok now the broadband which was dropping off every few minutes is working now but only at 5mbps instead of the usual 14-15 mbps. Could someone please take a look at it for me.  Thanks.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Topics merged to help staff
Note that your phone fault will seriously affect your broadband and that a broadband fault cannot be opened until the phone was is sorted and closed
elkieluca
Grafter

I think BT may have been doing some work at the box down the road as its ok now and it's happened before when it was their fault.  Someone from here has already said they can't find a fault on my phone.  So I would still like my speed to be checked. Thank you
joclark
Grafter

I have a quick look at your line it is dropping out a lot. Please see the graph below for a better representation. I have tried to test your line, however this has dropped again. At this stage I would recommend you raise a fault at faults.plus.net.
elkieluca
Grafter

I raised a ticket yesterday afternoon and haven't heard anything back.  My phone has stopped working all together it just crackles and if I dial a number to try it all I get is a screaming kind of sound.  My internet also keeps going off again.
Quite honestly I don't know what to do.  I have unplugged everything and plugged it back again and it makes no difference.  I have a mobile phone but its pay as you go so being a pensioner on a very low income I can't use that to phone plusnet.
Ok I've used my mobile as there was no other way and it is a fault on the local exchange.  So I have to wait 48 hours for a call back to see when they can fix it,  but a very friendly guy called Josh rang me back on my mobile when I asked him to. 
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Sounds like a fault we had a couple of times with our former provider, turned out to be broken wires in the junction box up the street, the ADSL barely worked and the phoneline was intermittently powered resulting in crackling and odd noises, Openreach came out and had it sorted in minutes as it was a quick snip & jelly crimp, just annoying that the junction box up the street is all tangled spaghetti (I've seen inside it, it's not good!!), so wires keep betting pulled out and shoved back in, resulting in wires snapping inside the insulation...
elkieluca
Grafter

Engineer has let me down

The engineer was booked to come yesterday from 1 till 6  to fix my phone line. I waited and waited and he never came.  I have waited since the 10th of this month for the appointment.  I've just been on the phone to plusnet and been told that it's still being looked into by Open Reach and I've been booked another appointment on Friday.  Also if I'm not in I'll be charged. Ironically I can't charge them for letting me down yesterday! 
The point is when I first phoned PL they said it was the exchange. After a few days I phoned again and they said it was my phone line and not the exchange. Now when I spoke to someone they said it might be the exchange..    My contract is over now and I will change to another ISP as soon as I can as this is not acceptable.  I'm in my late 70s and only have a pay as you go mobile and it costs a lot to hang on waiting.  Please can one of the staff here look at this for me. 
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Engineer has let me down

You may find this of use : http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: maryf
My contract is over now and I will change to another ISP as soon as I can as this is not acceptable.

Mary,
You can change ISPs but you cannot escape BT Openreach who are the people not turning up for appointments or cannot make up their minds where the fault is.  Be assured that this fault is highly likely to remain with you even if you change ISPs.  I am not surprised that there might be inconsistent confusion over where the fault is - PlusNET has to deal with an Indian call centre for obtaining support services from BT Whokesale / Openreach.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

elkieluca
Grafter

Townman the reason I'm so upset with Plus Net is that every different person I've spoken to has told me different things as I've said.  Now looking at the latest answer to my ticket this mornings person has said that I've insisted in another call out even though he's given me a solution which is wait and see if they fix the exchange.  How is that a solution!  I've told them that as I suffer from arthritis that I couldn't bend down to check the socket where the phone line enters the house.  So I'm finding them unhelpful.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Mary,
I really understand your frustration, however what you are being asked to do and what you are being told about the fault by PlusNET will be "on the back of" what PlusNET are being advised by BT Wholesale or BT Openreach or are the necessary steps to negate the risk of a "fault found in user equipment" charge being raised by BT Openreach / Wholesale.
Do you have a friend who might help you?
Kevin