cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone, incoming calls don't ring

Pramsbottom
Dabbler

No dial tone, incoming calls don't ring

Hi all my line has developed a strange fault I have no dial tone and when you call it the phone doesn't ring but phone shows incoming caller id and if you pick it up you still hear faintly the phone ringing but caller ends up going to answer phone. I created a support request last night at 21:00 but have had no response form plus net so far please advise
Peter
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: No dial tone, incoming calls don't ring

It looks like someone has just replied before I had chance to!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Pramsbottom
Dabbler

Thanks Chris just got the email can you translate for me please
Fault Type:NDT Test Results:Fail - Fault located between DP and customer apparatus (no appointment required) / FAULT - Dis One Leg In Network What does this mesn
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Putting it crudely
one of the wires - there are two - has broken or disconnected between you and the exchange
Chris
Legend

The fault type we tested for was NDT (No Dial Tone). The test results have detected a fault on the network, external to your house so we've been advised that it should be able to be fixed without an engineer needing to visit you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Pramsbottom
Dabbler

Sorry to keep asking questions but would this also be the reason for a drop on speed on my adsl(possibly fault introduced noise) or is it just down to me troubleshooting as the router was over the weekend connected at around 13mb and now it's connected at 5mb. It's just I need to know whether I need to log another fault
Chris
Legend

At the moment there isn't a need to open a fault on the broadband, we can't actually report a fault on the broadband when there is already an open fault report on the phone, so we need to allow that to be fixed first.
It's very likely that your broadband issue will be sorted when the phone fault is fixed, post up on here if not and we'll take a look