cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone, fibre out - Support delay requesting engineer to return

Bingobongo
Hooked

No dial tone, fibre out - Support delay requesting engineer to return

We had our internet drop Saturday 25th afternoon (normally 25mb connection) and the phone line was noisy at this point, once I unplugged the phone I could get the internet to connect but at 2mb and disconnects every 25-30 mins. (Prior to fibre to cabinet this is about the speed we had)

We had an engineer out Tuesday 28th who fixed the problem at about 11am but a disconnect at 6pm (just as the support lines close!) put us straight back to 2mb and constant disconnects thereafter with the phoneline now having no dial tone at all.

Currently trying to chase another engineer booking, apparently the system takes several attempts to reject a support ticket being cleared but concerned if not booked today it'll likely be Monday (originally notified 10am Wednesday that fault was back). As others have said with a 40 minute call wait time having to constantly chase is becoming a real headache. 

All 3 of us working from home, tethering mobiles and ripping through data but our office phones are all IP so causing major issues here.

Is anyone able to action this quicker? Interesting to read of some other almost mirror issues on here too..

6 REPLIES 6
Bingobongo
Hooked

Re: Noisy phone line -- causing slow broadband fibre speeds / disconnects

Mirror of our problem, if I unplug the phoneline we can keep broadband connected for 30m-1h windows but like you at 2-5mb rather than our standard 25-27.

We had an engineer out Tuesday who fixed it in the morning but a 6pm disconnect put it straight back to before without any dialtone now.

Interesting how many others have this going on.. worst time possible too.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: No dial tone, fibre out - Support delay requesting engineer to return

Hi,

With the spate of wet weather, this is likely to be a common issue.  Line with bad wet joints behave like this.

You might find that phoning the land line, letting it ring for a while (if it does) but not answering it might help.  Such can dry out damp joints, but no dial tone rather suggests that at least one leg of the circuit s disconnected.  Broadband can limp along with one leg of the circuit broken.

Sometimes local network issues will disconnect a lot of users - see https://my.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bingobongo
Hooked

Thank you and appreciate that but like you say it sounds like a line fault.

Initially started last Saturday and wasn't raining until Tuesday (when the poor lad from openreach had to work in it)

Issue currently is trying to get a response to request the engineer back from openreach

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Noisy phone line -- causing slow broadband fibre speeds / disconnects

Moderators Note

Posts from same OP on same subject merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there and sorry to see there's an issue with your services at the moment. 

As there's no dialtone I've arranged for an Openreach engineer to be appointed tomorrow morning. 

I've added more information to your account here and will be in touch to follow things up tomorrow afternoon: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=201160316

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bingobongo
Hooked

Perfect,

Cheers Adam - really appreciated