cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone but phone is ringing and I can hear the phone ringing when I answer

shas95

No dial tone but phone is ringing and I can hear the phone ringing when I answer

Been experiencing a issue with my telephone line were I am not getting a dial tone and theres a faint crackling/static noise. The phone rings when there is an incoming call but when I answer the phone, I can hear a faint phone ringing noise. The phone that is making the call is still ringing too. I also can't make any outgoing calls.

This has been happening since yesterday. Please can someone help?

8 REPLIES 8
wilfy33
Hooked

Re: No dial tone but phone is ringing and I can hear the phone ringing when I answer

I had this l\st year.... turned out to be a duff port in the cabinet where your line is connected into.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: No dial tone but phone is ringing and I can hear the phone ringing when I answer

Hi @shas95,

I'm sorry you're having issues. Looks like you've spoken to someone this morning and they've raised a fault. Just had a check and an engineer has already attended, it's having to be passed to another one though as it's an underground fault. I'd expect we'll probably have an update at some point tomorrow. 

shas95

Hi.
Yep very surprised to have an engineer out so quickly.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@shas95,

It is a very quick turnaround, but not unheard of - just depends on if there's a backlog of faults in the area, which I imagine your doesn't considering it was so prompt. 

shas95

Hi there

Is there an update to this? I haven’t heard anything since the engineer came on Friday and was unable to fix it.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @shas95

My apologies for the lack of updates on this one - I've just contacted our suppliers on your behalf and provided further information here.

Best wishes

Dave

shas95

Hi

Can I have an update on what’s going on? Engineer was scheduled yesterday but didn’t arrive at my property.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

The engineer wasn't scheduled to visit you as we've identified an external fault. An engineer attended on the 22nd and found that the fault was actually underground which means another engineer with the appropriate training needs to be assigned to the job. 

I've contacted Openreach to chase this up and it's due to be worked on Monday so I'm really sorry for the extra delay but we should ahve theis resolved then for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team