cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone broadband is OK

FIXED
insertusername

No dial tone broadband is OK

My phone line has no dial tone, broadband is fine. I have plugged a corded phone in directly to test and there is still no dial tone. I have run the trouble shooter a number of times but keep getting "The result of your line check is unclear".

This has been going on a week now

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: No dial tone broadband is OK

Then why not report a fault?

Either give them a call or via faults.plus.net

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

faults.plus.net is for broadband issues.

There are conditions where the PHONE trouble shooter reports inconclusive results, which can mean that an appointment is needed or that there are other matters needing consideration.  Such needs either a staffer to pick up here or a call to support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

No need to raise any faults yourself @insertusername

I've run a quick line test and have found an external fault which is effecting your phone service. This is a loop fault within the network, most likely caused by a short circuit at some point along the line.

This has been raised with Openreach, and I've created a ticket with our Technical Support team that you can view, and comment on here

Note - you may already need to be logged into your member centre for the above link to work.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Too often phone users get the unhelpful message ""The result of your line check is unclear"."

Has existed for ages- PN must do better.:)