cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone and no way of reporting the fault!

Deb2

No dial tone and no way of reporting the fault!

Help! I have no dial tone but the Line Checker facility on the website is not working and nor is Live Chat and I can't get through to anyone on the phone. How on earth can I report the fault?

5 REPLIES 5
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: No dial tone and no way of reporting the fault!

Welcome to the forum. Smiley

The line test facility has a long standing record of being unreliable, and often does raise a ticket even though you see an error. You can check here - https://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html?p=search

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Deb2

Thanks, though wish I didn't have to be here to get the problem solved! Have checked through that link and it has registered as if I have reported a problem with my Broadband not phone so I've added a note to clarify that it's the phone line. Less than impressed with PlusNet so far over this but very grateful for your help.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Deb2 , I'm sorry to hear you had trouble trying to get through to our call center and live chat. I can see you have since got through and a phone engineer is scheduled to go out and investigate the issue you are having between 1pm and 6pm tomorrow. Let us know how the appointment goes and by all means if there's anything you need in future feel free to use our other support channels Twitter and Facebook if other avenues are looking busy.

Deb2

Yes, all the various avenues I'd tried started replying last night and I then finally got through on the phone. Much as I'm glad to have done so and grateful that everyone replied eventually I can't quite match your claims to wonderful customer service with the fact that it took me an entire day to report a fault! It will certainly influence what I do when my current contract comes to an end as it has been an extremely fraught and time-wasting experience.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Understood, I'll make sure we follow things up with you following today's visit as soon as we can. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team