cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone. Troubleshooter "Oops, something seems to have gone wrong" (again)

FIXED
deadkenny
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

No dial tone. Troubleshooter "Oops, something seems to have gone wrong" (again)

A year on, and same problem again.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/No-dial-tone-Troubleshooter-quot-Oops-something-seems-to-ha...

Same again, phone is totally dead with no dial tone or any sounds. Broadband is working fine. Test phone in master socket and try different phone, nothing.

Try the troubleshooter and again on checking the line, "Oops, something seems to have gone wrong".

6 REPLIES 6
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: No dial tone. Troubleshooter "Oops, something seems to have gone wrong" (again)

Fix

Hi @deadkenny,

I'm sorry to hear you've been getting an error message when trying to report the phone fault online. I've had a look over the account and it appears that the fault report did get raised with our suppliers, despite the error message you received.

I've made sure that a ticket has now been raised on the account to monitor this and we're currently awaiting further updates from our suppliers regarding the fault.

I hope this helps. Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Tim8191
Dabbler

Re: No dial tone. Troubleshooter "Oops, something seems to have gone wrong" (again)

Hi i Am having the exact same problem. I've tried all the troubleshoot options even brought a new phone. Only just noticed the problem as i don't use the landline alot.

Thanks

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Tim8191,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this same issue. Thank you for running through the troubleshooting checks and for trying a different phone.

I've checked and can see that the online phone fault tool has also also found an external fault on your line and that this has been raised to our suppliers for further investigation.

I've raised a ticket here so that our faults team can monitor this for you. They'll be in touch one we've received an update from our suppliers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
deadkenny
Rising Star

@Tim8191 - Likewise. Mainly my parents who call me on the landline. They had to call me on the mobile to let me know the line was dead. Though I still prefer landline for call quality than people ringing me on the mobile which can be terrible at times, but I suspect landlines will die at some point. Does free up space for broadband though I guess.

deadkenny
Rising Star

Fixed now. Many thanks.

As before, a fault in the cabinet. Whatever it was is reconnected or repaired and good again.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear that's sorted now. Thanks for letting us know.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet