Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone. Troubleshooter "Oops, something seems to have gone wrong"

FIXED
deadkenny
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: No dial tone. Troubleshooter "Oops, something seems to have gone wrong"

Going to be tricky this week fixing a timeslot. May not know until Mon or Tue what I can do.

Meanwhile, while I understand possible charge for fault on property, but also mentions charge if they find no fault. Bearing in mind that to me things seem to be working okay at the moment, but you've detected a fault, am I assure I won't be charged if they find no fault?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Honestly, I don't think an engineer visit is required. Reading the engineer notes, it looks like they've detected no fault and if you're having no problems with your service, it's probably best to close the fault report?

Engineer Notes

The line has been proven good to the end customer's external termination. No fault conditions were detected towards the end customer. Please see additional information No answer on ring ahead number provided is landline. Line test on OGEA shows copper OK and fibre ports in sync at correct speeds no fault found. Travelled to customer and no one is home. Waited 15 mins still no one present. Need access to prove the circuit to the VDSL device. .

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
deadkenny
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Speed test still looks good. Router logs show the odd link down, around once a day but immediate reconnect so maybe just normal operation.

I think it's probably best to close it then, as don't want to pay for a visit that finds nothing wrong.

Many thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Aye, I'll get the fault report closed as it's engineer will likely find no fault as your service does appear to be working normally.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet