cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No contact.

steve17361

No contact.

I reported a problem at 16.00pm on Friday and have not had any contact from Plusnet as to what they are doing to resolve the problem.
Problem is in the phone line I believe as I have no dial tone on the phone and no internet.
I tried calling customer support earlier and automated message said almost 60 mins to answer my call. Not from my mobile it won't. 😕
8 REPLIES 8
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: No contact.

It's not good enough to have to queue for 60 minutes to report a phone fault from what could be an expensive source. I was always under the understanding that anyone supplying a telephone service had to have a dedicated fault line like BT. Once again they want the custom without providing decent backup.
steve17361

...............and still nothing. Gonna try ringing again tomorrow and if no luck then I think it's time to be looking at what's deemed as acceptable via trading standards and their commitment to their customers and if I'm getting value for my money!
I am paying them for a service not the other way round so I should have some sort of say surely. I commit to a contract but as with most companies the contracts seem to only work one way, their way!  Angry
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi steve17361,
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your phone line. I have raised this to Openreach now and the estimates repair time is 17/09/14 23:59:59. This is confirmed on Ticket: 91500717
Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Our Faults team will monitor this until it's resolved. Please add any further comments for our faults team on the ticket.
steve17361

Hi Linn K , thank you for the update. Unfortunately it's done nothing to cheer me up thinking I could be almost a week without my phone and internet. In this day and age it's very disappointing.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I understand, I'm very sorry that you have been left without phone and internet and I appreciate the inconvenience it's causing. The fault may be resolved sooner than the estimated repair time but there aren't any guarantees. It all depends on the complexity of the fault and BT Openreach engineer availability. If you require any further assistance don't hesitate to let us know.
steve17361

I didn't get around to replying yesterday but I am up and running again, albeit very slowly. 0.05mbps to be precise.
This was mentioned earlier that it will run slowly for 3 days after being fixed, but didn't expect this slow.  Sad
I have seen in another thread that someone was 'refunded' for their 'down' time, is this normal and will I be entitled to a refund for loss of service?
steve17361

I've had enough of this now. 8 days and still not able to load a basic web page, including this one.
Can't ring as call waiting time is now 45 mins.  Angry
This really is not good enough. I'm currently in the process of looking into terminating my contract I recently (and now regrettably ) renewed through poor service cancelation clause.
To say I was very happy with the service and even tried to convince many friends to join Plusnet I can't accept that it took a week to fix a problem and then still be unable to use the service for however long it might take. Sad
DanHodby
Grafter

Morning Steve, are you still having problems? The broadband looks to have been connected for a few days so I've reset the line to clear any speed caps. Hopefully everything should return back to normal today.
The current wait time for our technical team is only 2 minutes if you do need to speak to anyone.