Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No caller display

FIXED
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

No caller display

Hi. Line was activated last week, I have caller display ticked in my member centre, caller display is not working. 

I have seen a lot of these issues in the last week or so, why would it be such a common problem?

Can it be activated please? (wrapperspares)

Thanks

Mark

13 REPLIES 13
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: No caller display

Sorry to hear that.

I've checked our suppliers systems and it's showing as active there.

Can you go through the steps below and let us know how you get on?

Dial *#234# from the phone that you want to use for caller display. Listen to the message.

•     If it says ‘unavailable’, you don’t have caller display at the moment.
  •     If it says ‘the service is disabled’, you can enable it by hanging up and dialling *234#.
  •     If it says ‘identities will be displayed’, but your caller display isn’t working, you’ll either need to use a different phone, or try these steps.       
  1. Plug a corded phone that’s compatible with caller display into the master socket (the master socket’s the first socket where the phone line comes into your home).       
  2. Call your number from another phone.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for replying Dialling *234# brings the following message:  "Sorry the service requested is not available"

So I am assuming it hasn't been activated then, even though it shows as having been done?

Thanks

Mark

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi Mark,

Thank you for dialling *234# - I'm sorry to hear that it's saying that the service isn't available.

The caller display feature is showing as active on your line on both our system and our suppliers system. To try and resolve this issue I've removed the feature and have placed an order to re-add it to your line which will complete within 24 hours. Please let us know if the caller display feature is still not working after 24 hours as we'll need to investigate this further if so.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

It's working now, thank you Thumbs_Up

salimraja
Dabbler

Hi @MatthewWheeler,

I have the same issue on my phone line also with the caller display not working even though the option is active in the member panel.

As advised in this channel I have dialled *#234# and got "Sorry the service requested is not available"

Could some please remove and re-add the caller display as you have done previously with the other users who have experienced the same issue?

Many Thanks,

Salim.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@salimraja Sorry to hear this.

I've carried this out for you and the order to readd it should complete in next 24 hours or so.

Can you retest it tomorrow and let us know how you get on?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
salimraja
Dabbler

Hi @MatthewWheeler

Thanks for your prompt response.

I will check and confirm tomorrow as instructed.

Many Thanks,

Salim.

salimraja
Dabbler

Hi @MatthewWheeler

The caller display is still not working. I have checked throughout today but still the same. Can you look into this further please?

Thanks,
Salim
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @salimraja, it looks like Matt's order to re-add got cancelled, but this has since been processed again this morning. This should hopefully complete by the end of the day but if it's still not working by tomorrow then please get back to us.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
salimraja
Dabbler

Hi @LaurenB,

Thanks for your response. I will check and update you tomorrow.

I've had confirmation via email that the Caller Display Feature has successfully been removed now. Assume you guys will re-add again at some point today or do I need to log into my account to re-add?

Many Thanks,

Salim

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @salimraja,

We've placed the orders to re-add the Caller Display feature from our end of things and it should complete within the next 24 hours. If the feature still isn't working by tomorrow, please let us know so that we can investigate this further.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
salimraja
Dabbler

Hi @TheMightyAJ

Thanks for looking into this.

I can confirm the Caller Display is now working.

Many Thanks to you and your Team for resolving this in a timely manner.

@LaurenB @MatthewWheeler

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for confirming it's now working @salimraja, I'm glad this is resolved Smiley

Please just get back to us if you have any further issues.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team