Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No caller ID

apollo1
Grafter

No caller ID

Hi
I have transferred my phone line to Plusnet from BT, my caller ID no longer works but it shows as active in the control panel
Could this be looked at?
Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: No caller ID

Looks like it wasn't added onto the order.
If you can try it in the next 30 minutes or so it should be fixed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
apollo1
Grafter

all sorted
thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear it's fixed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ba5haw66

I also have the same problem, just moved over from Sky and my caller ID is no longer working even though it says active in my new package.  Sad
Be grateful if someone could look into it.
Thanks. Cheesy
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry about that.
It should be active on your line shortly.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
russellsampson1

I am also in the same boat. Joined from Sky and don't have caller ID could this be added to my order?
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

If you log into your 'member centre' - you can activate it yourself
https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_add_call_features
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Can I please point out that this happened to me about a month ago. I resolved it by phoning since it was already showing as activated in control panel.
I was told that it wasn't a problem but the automated switchover hadn't worked properly. I politely pointed out that it WAS a problem and would they please log it as such to prevent it happening to other people.
Can I please request that this is sorted once and for all since people are clearly still experiencing the same problem.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Generally when this happens, it's down to agent error when a manual order is placed and the person placing the order has simply forgotten to add caller display to the order.
When this happens, in terms of making sure it doesn't happen moving forward, all I can really do is pass feedback on to the agent in question.
It's easy to read over the forums and believe it happens more than it actually does, as plenty of people see threads like this and ask for it to be added, when there is in fact no problem with the account and the call feature can be added via the home phone control panel. As with russellsampson18s account in this case.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
drj
Aspiring Pro

... but in my case it WAS showing as active in Control Panel but WASN'T working. And this appears to be the same with most of the others except the one you've quoted. Clearly there IS a problem if this is happening repeatedly?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm not saying it doesn't happen and I'm not saying it had not happened in your case.
Quote from: HarryB
Generally when this happens, it's down to agent error when a manual order is placed and the person placing the order has simply forgotten to add caller display to the order.
When this happens, in terms of making sure it doesn't happen moving forward, all I can really do is pass feedback on to the agent in question.

Although it may appear to happen a lot looking through the forums, without also seeing the accounts in question, you can't be certain. Just because someone asked for it to be added and then Plusnet staff came along and added it, doesn't mean that the customer couldn't do it via the home phone control panel.
The vast majority of accounts I've seen where it has been a problem, it has been down to agent error.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
drj
Aspiring Pro

The bill arrived today - I suppose it's "agent error" leading to the fact I've been charged for Caller Display during the period it wasn't working i.e. from commencement of the phone service on 30/11/15. Fortunately I spotted it nearly as soon as my phone service started so the loss is only a day or two - but I've still been charged 3p per day. It would have been nice to have seen the agent had voided the charge during the initial period it wasn't working. Please don't refund - I'm now getting Broadband free after all... (that went wrong too but that's another story!)
drj
Aspiring Pro

For info I've just discovered this posting I made at another forum just after the problem was detected:

Well it NEARLY went smoothly - but fell at the final fence!
The Broadband switch was made on 29 November and it seems fine - except I seem to have a slight slowing down to 5.0Mbps rather than the 5.5Mbps I'd been getting recently. However I don't believe any technical change has been made which would produce that result (since I had PlusNet broadband before and I've merely gone from capped to uncapped)
The phone switch was done first thing 30 November and it seemed fine - until I realised that Caller Display wasn't enabled - which it has to be for my callblocker telephones to work properly. So all calls are going through to "Announce" at present since the number shown is "No Number". So I endured a rather protracted (*) "LiveChat" to PlusNet this evening.
<<CSA name removed>>: Good evening, I'm <<CSA name removed>>. How can I help?
[ drj ]: My new Plusnet phone service started first thing yesterday but Caller Display isn't working
<<CSA name removed>>: OK, lets have a look into the issue.
<<CSA name removed>>: As you've already provided your username, can I take the 1st & 3rd characters of your password please?
[ drj ]: [ deleted ]
<<CSA name removed>>: Thanks
<<CSA name removed>>: OK, looks like its not been added on correctly via the automated system - just making a manual order to get the caller display active.
<<CSA name removed>>: OK, that has been done, it should now be active within 24 hours.
[ drj ]: Thank you. Perhaps you'll log with the people who do these transfers that it went wrong in this instance.
<<CSA name removed>>: Indeed, it just seems like an automation system failure but I will feed it back none-the-less.
<<CSA name removed>>: Are you still there?
[ drj ]: yes - that's all is it?
<<CSA name removed>>: Indeed, the caller display order has been accepted this time, its in processing now. It will probably be in the early hours it goes live but we just say within 24hr as a generic lead time.
[ drj ]: ok
<<CSA name removed>>: Is there anything else I can do for you today?
[ drj ]: No thank you
<<CSA name removed>>: It's been great chatting to you today. I really appreciate your time and would love to hear any feedback that you might have.

So... "it just seems like an automation system failure". Just !!!! 
If that had been a phone call I'd have shouted something like "Well it's gone WRONG then!"

* - that took over 25 minutes including waiting for a free agent!

mav:csa