cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No active phone line

Ad87
Dabbler

No active phone line

My Internet and phone were scheduled to be moved over to plusnet yesterday, the fibre Internet is active (but quite slow) but I have no working phone line. I've spent a long time this afternoon on my mobile, but the customer service has been by and large [Censored]. Nobody knows why it isn't active, they're waiting for open reach to get in touch or sort any possible problem.. I'll receive a call with an update apparently,  when I questioned when this would be I was told within a couple of days.. My phone line was working fine with Sky the day before.. And as for 77 mbs estimated i'm getting between 17-33.
Pull your fingers out plusnet and chase up the problem, your customer service as of now is carp.
13 REPLIES 13
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: No active phone line

Hi Ad87,
I'm really sorry for the problems that you've experienced with us so far. I can see that you've been in touch with us and we've tried our best to get as much information to you as we can. Unfortunately there's been a 'Number Porting' issue which has meant that the task raised for our suppliers to move your telephone number from your previous supplier to us has failed.
Our Provisioning Team will pick this up for you as soon as possible and we'll get the issue resolved for you. It could be that the Fibre Speeds you're seeing at the moment, may be a little lower than expected due to this issue. Please do bear with us whilst we work with our suppliers to get this resolved for you.
Ad87
Dabbler

Thanks for the prompt reply but every member of staff is contradicting the last.. How long will this be? I placed the order weeks ago and plusnet provided me with the switch over date.. Now I'm left without a phone line and a shit Internet connection.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Really sorry for any confusion caused by this, Ad87.
Our Provisioning team will be picking this up today and will be back in touch with you with any further information. We'll try to get this issue resolved for you as soon as possible.
Ad87
Dabbler

Thank you. Please can you confirm that I am keeping the same number as requested.
Thanks.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ad87,
I can confirm that the order was placed retaining your current phone number. Hope this is resolved for you soon.
Ad87
Dabbler

Hi, I got a message yesterday stating that It would be complete within 24 hours.. Well 24 hours is up and it's still not working.. This isn't good enough.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ad87,
If you pick the handset up, do you get a dialling tone?
Ad87
Dabbler

Just got in from work and it's working.. Better late than never..
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad it's working for you.
Ad87
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
Glad it's working for you.

Thanks, there is a problem remaining however.. My fibre speed was estimated to be 77 mbps,  i'm only getting 30 odd mbps. I understand that the first 10 days fluctuate but it isn't going above this. I can't envisage it suddenly shooting up by 40 mbps.  I'm on the 6th day already, please can you have a look at this for me?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ad87,
Have your speeds improved for you at all?
I've had a look for you and you are on the correct speed profile so this isn't the issue. Are you testing your speeds via an Ethernet connection or via wireless?
Ad87
Dabbler

Hi, no still the same, wireless at the minute but I still wouldn't expect to be 40 mbps worse off than using a wired connection.

adie:quote
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Can you please try via Ethernet?
You can lose a lot of speed over Wireless, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you lost a large amount of speed over Wireless.