cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Status Updates?

SoRo

No Status Updates?

Hi,
I have ordered a phone & broadband packages three weeks ago, and received an engineer at our house last Wednesday. He apparently installed the line, but mentioned that due to some difficulties, it might take several more days (max Friday) for it to activate. However, if I check my order status on the tracker website, it seems to remain unchanged in the 'checking your details' phase. This is quite worrisome! As we have a pretty urgent need for internet at our house for various reasons, I would like to ask whether any moderator here could check up on the status of our line and when we can expect the broadband to be actually activated. We have tried to send a mail to support this morning, but have still not had any information so far!
Thank you for the help!
7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: No Status Updates?

Welcome to the forum SoRo Smiley
Moderators are just customers like yourself. This may need a Digital Care Team member to pick up.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
SoRo

Thank you,
I was uncertain what 'title' they had here. Smiley Hope this gets a response soon!
prichardson
Grafter

Hi, welcome to the forums,
A quick check of the order shows the engineer was unable to complete the job, as there were no spare pairs in the local distribution point to provide your line. The original order suggests that the records had one spare available, but the engineer on the day found these records were in use (this has now been updated in the records so it doesn't happen again).
They have since found a stopped line from the same distribution point and the line completely cease. They have already assigned this routing information to the order (which appears to have taken place around 11:23 this morning) and is now awaiting the required task to be built to physically go and do the work.
Until this task is created, we will not know if a further visit is needed. Whilst this order is delayed, it is progressing as normal as can be right now.
SoRo

Thank you for the reply Richardson. I just had a talk with a person of order updates and am pretty dissatified with the turnout of events.
Apparently the last engineer did install a socket and everything, but was not able to set up/check the parameters for the line due to the external fault. Now, apparently, already after 4 weeks of waiting, we have to book a new engineers appointment, the earliest being the 3rd of July, for him to 'simply' (of course I know the process is not necessarily simple, but the socket is installed and ready to be tested) check these parameters. This is simply unacceptable. Sad Although I know both I and Plusnet can do little about this, we're in very urgent need of internet at our place.
The person on who I spoke with was nice enough to file a ticket of urgency, stating that we 'might' get someone to pass by earlier and that we should hear something tomorrow. To be honest, this is not very convincing and comforting. I was thus wondering, are there any alternatives/other options I have access to to improve this situation? I'm not sure if that ticket of urgency will actually emphasise the urgency of our situation, the fact that we have already waited for about a month and the context of the socket at our home (and thus the tasks the engineer must do).  Undecided
However, thanks for the assistance so far...
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

For getting on-line quickly this is probably your best bet!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
SoRo

Hi Jelv,
Thanks for the response, but this option is not really a solution for the nature of the urgent internet use I and my fellow house inhabitants would be having. I am hoping to get some more feedback from Plusnet today.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

was thus wondering, are there any alternatives/other options I have access to to improve this situation?

Hi there,
Unfortunately not, without wanting to sound negative it's a bit of a waiting game at the moment but we shall keep chasing this and keep you updated.
I really hope this gets resolved soon for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team