cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Phone/ or very very niosy nearly a week now.

dogbandit12

No Phone/ or very very niosy nearly a week now.

This person as only a land line and is awaiting hospital surgery call. Over a week now and still no better. It is a exchange fault supposed to be repaired 29/5/14. No one been near exchange I live opposite.  Come on Plusnet this is serious.
5 REPLIES 5
picbits
Rising Star

Re: No Phone/ or very very niosy nearly a week now.

Has it been reported and do you have the ticket number you can post up on here so a member of staff can find it more easily ?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi dogbandit12,
I can see that we've got you an engineer booked in to get this resolved for you. Please let us know if you have any further issues following this.
duncanjmountfor

I have reported an intermittent fault on my landline.  After it rained heavily about a week ago, I could not receive incoming calls at all although I could make outgoing calls.  At the moment, I can receive incoming calls but the line is noisy.  I think that water probably got into one of the electrical connections somewhere between the BT box in the street and my house.  When I called PlusNet I was surprised at how long the wait was to report a fault (15 mins) but I was pleased to speak to someone at PlusNet who spoke English in the same way as I do and who was also knowledgeable.  I suspect that the BT lines used by PlusNet for their "cheap" service are probably quite decrepit now and I am thinking of spending more to get a faster, more reliable optical fibre connection.  Not sure that it's worth it for what I use the landline and BB internet for.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You are under a sad misapprehension
All the broadband and phone services whether through a cheap or an expensive provider uses the same wires which are the responsibility of BT Openreach
You refer to a fibre optic connection
There are basically three types
Virgin cable if available
FTTC - Fibre to the cab which uses the same wires to your house
FTTP - Fibre to the premises which is only available in a few exchanges
In a few cities there are all fibre connections by another supplier but very very few
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi duncanjmountford,
I've updated Ticket: 86298322 with the information regarding the engineer's appointment. Please provide any updates for our Faults team on this ticket. The engineer is booked for 06/06/2014 between 1PM and 6PM.