cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Phone, no internet

milkingstile2
Hooked

No Phone, no internet

Since mid afternoon on 20th September, can't dial out, can't receive calls, no internet, and yet Plusnet service status says service is normal. Help!
9 REPLIES 9
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: No Phone, no internet

milkingstile2
Hooked

Phone itself is fine, tested using different line. Have dialling zone but can't make calls. When dial in using my mobile, caller hears phone ringing but phone doesn't actually ring. Was using phone at 3pm, but not work since 3:30. Internet was fine till just after 4pm. Was online waiting for online support, was position 25, then 20, 17, ...for 40 minutes to position 3, when "no internet connection" just suddenly appeared in the notification panel on my PC.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your phone and broadband, and with getting through to us. Can you PM me your username and I'll run a line test for you this afternoon?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
milkingstile2
Hooked

Thanks. I've just been on my mobile to Plusnet, after waiting for over 31 minutes. I was told that someone at Plusnet had made a mistake, and cancelled my order, after it had been connected and up-&-running for 5 days!

Plusnet will need to raise a new order for me (yet again! This will be the 4th!)

First was cancelled because someone at Plusnet made a mistake and cancelled my order. I had to ring up, and waited, to find out why.

Second order was cancelled because I discovered from a notification email that Plusnet was getting me a NEW telephone number -- ie another Plusnet error.

Third order was raised in order for me to retain my old telephone number. When my services were connected 5 days ago, I thought I had seen the end of order cancellations.

Hence, this is the fourth order being raised! I have recorded my conversation with Plusnet Provisions Team just now. I do hope I shan't need to refer to the recording.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

You couldn't make it up! How do they manage to get things wrong not once but multiple times? If an order has completed how can it then be cancelled, it doesn't make sense. I hope they are going to put this right with some urgency. 

milkingstile2
Hooked

Phone order is supposed to be completed according to Plusnet, but i can only dial out but not receive calls. Caller hears ringing sound but my phones don't work. I was talking to Plusnet on the landline, and dialled my landline using my mobile. I should get engaged tone on my mobile, right? But no, I got ringing tone!

After hours with Plusnet Technical Support and testing, I booked for an engineer appointment. But I don't think the fault is at our end, phone was working perfectly before Plusnet.

I was told if I cancel the engineer appointment within 48 hours of the appointment, I would have to pay £65. What if whatever glitch there is in the system got corrected somehow and my phone line works shortly before the engineer appointment? I would have to cancel the appointment, right? Would Plusnet still charge me the £65???
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. We can sometimes cancel engineer visits within the 48 hour window, but sometimes we can't. As for the charge if there is no fault found by the engineer, that would be looked into on a case by case basis.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
milkingstile2
Hooked

Phone-line fault has mysteriously fixed itself yesterday, now all is good!  Have cancelled engineer appointment well in time.  Must have been due for some good luck!

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you still got the correct number?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)