cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Phone , Have I Been Cut Off ???

rogc
Dabbler

No Phone , Have I Been Cut Off ???

Been with Plusnet for one month and today my telephone line wont work. I can.t dial out or receive calls but my broadband  (fibre) is OK. Have raised a ticket and note how long I have to wait just for someone to look at it!! A phone call from my mobile would cost me a fortune with the wait times quoted.
I logged into my account and note that Plusnet are still showing my Home phone account is not active. WHAT!!! After 4 weeks it still says they will email me when its active. Since I havent been with my previous provider since the end of November who else is providing my telephone line??? Could this be the reason I appear to be disconnected.
It really is a foul up of a service. In 7 years with my previous provider I nver once had a problem,
jim:red All caps in title changed as per this Forum Rule mod:end
6 REPLIES 6
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: No Phone , Have I Been Cut Off ???

It may be that you had line rental and calls paid in advance with your previous supplier, which has now expired. You'll probably have to wait until the morning for a staff member to pick this up.
rogc
Dabbler

Thanks for the response. But this just gets better.....
This morning I open my mailbox to see an email from Plusnet telling me I have requested to leave them and my telephone service will be transferred on 20/12. TWO days time (although the letter clearly states to phone them three days prior if there are any "concerns") I have NOT requested to leave the home pone service. My service IS NOT working and I want it fixed.
This forum is my only means of contact with Plusnet so If someone from Plusnet reads these forums maybe they can respond by looking into this foul up asap and sorting out my problem.
Needless to say I regret ever having moved to this company who appear totally incompetent.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: rogc
A phone call from my mobile would cost me a fortune with the wait times quoted.

The 0345 number is usually cheaper from mobiles and if you are on contract 01/02/03 calls are usually free.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rogc
Dabbler

Jelv,
Thanks for the info (can't see how to quote your message!)
However standrad rate mobile calls at 30 minutes wait is still unacceptable.
BTW I have now managed to speak to someone from Plusnet who tells me Plusnet dont own my phone number. I am currently on hold (10minutes so far) with "Provisioning". Clearly there has been a major foul up when I transferred from my previous supplier. You really couldn't make this up!. My phone is vital I have elderly parents who use the LIfeline service which rings through to me in emergencies. The faster this is sorted the better...Still waiting for anyone from Plusnet to get involved here.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

A very brief look at your account suggests that our original takeover order was cancelled - probably by a third party. I think we were given the wrong number when your account was signed up? XXXXXXXXX82? After this order was cancelled we were then given the right number, XXXXXXXXX37 - we placed a broadband order but not a telephone order.
As such, it sounds to me like your old provider has now cut you off and we need to re-provide your telephone service and then broadband as this will have been cut off too.
Please let us know how your conversation with support goes and post back if you have any issues.
rogc
Dabbler

As you say this is exactly what the guy on telephone support said and he has arranged for the telephone to be re-provided today and then will arrange to sort the broadband,although that service is currently working OK.
I shall await the results.
jim:quote