cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Line!

Quaker69

No Line!

I have just switched my provider (Phone and BB) and connected my new Plusnet router (phone and BB) and the internet is working fine - just my hand set says 'no line' on it?? The phone has been working fine before hand....any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No Line!

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that, I'm guessing you've got a microfilter plugged into the master socket with the phone in one side and the router in the other? If that is the case and it still says no line, do you have a wired handset you could test to see if there's a dial tone?
If there's no dial tone or the fault is still present with a single wired handset in the master socket (or even better in the test socket, behind the master socket front plate) then you've proved it's a line fault. Report it to us at http://faults.plus.net and we'll get it sorted for you.
tw0117

I've the same problem, broadband works fine but no phone line.  Been with Plusnet for over a year now and no change requested on line so I'm a bit stumped as to what is the cause.
Plusnet support have tested the line and advised me it is a fault outwith the home and they have reported it (to BT I assume).  Estimate for a respone I have been given is 15th, ie. 5 days away from reporting.
Be interesting to find what the "reason" given for the problem is.  I'll update when I know.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi tw0117,
I can see we're still waiting for an update on your fault, I can see that it's been assigned to an engineer to resolve.
tw0117

Hi Chris,
Thanks for checking, phone started working again yesterday.  I've notified the helpdesk that I am "live" again. 
No reason given for the failure, or fix, so I assume an engineer found the loose / disconnected wire on coming into work on Monday.
Jim
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Jim,
Glad to hear that's now working. We don't have any engineer notes yet so I can't confirm the exact cause/fix.
We've got your update and the ticket is now back with you, let us know if there's anything else.
Chris