cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dialtone/Unstable Broadband.....but only when it rains!

CraigW
Dabbler

No Dialtone/Unstable Broadband.....but only when it rains!

I have Ticket 84675954 raised due to a phone problem that is getting gradually worse.
When it rains or shortly after, I get a very loud crackle when making calls, usually followed by a loss of dialtone.
Now I'm loosing my broadband connection as well!
I've done all the checks, i.e:
Disconnected everything except a known working corded phone into the test socket with - still no dial tone.
What makes things even more frustrating is I live in an area with no mobile coverage so I rely on a landline!!!!!
5 REPLIES 5
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No Dialtone/Unstable Broadband.....but only when it rains!

Hi CraigW,
Welcome to the Forums and I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your phone and broadband service!
I've just a look into this and ran another line test which failed as our suppliers picked up on an external line fault. They expect the fault is located between the Distribution Point and your property. This means that an engineer should not be required to visit the property, however, they'll be carrying out external work. The estimated repair time for this is scheduled for 01/05/14 23:59:59. The fault may be resolved sooner, however, our Faults team will check back on this on 02/05/2014 after the ERT.
Hopefully this will be resolved for you soon and we're very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
CraigW
Dabbler

Can't beat this for service...
Engineer arrived at 3pm, fault appears to be fixed!
Thanks Plusnet!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great to hear, CraigW!
I've cleared the fault order with our suppliers and escalated the ticket back to you stating that it's now been resolved. If the problem comes back within the next 14 days please reply back to the ticket and this will go straight back to our Faults team, however, if the issue remains resolved then the ticket will automatically close after 14 days.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Linn,
Might this user now benefit from a SNRM reset if they are on ADSL... or has the line picked up in an ideal state again?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This customer is on Fibre, Townman. The fault is still with our suppliers to see if a DLM reset is required.