cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dial tone but broadband (fibre) working

jonne80
Dabbler

No Dial tone but broadband (fibre) working

I am new customer and am subscribed to both Plusnet phone and fibre broadband. The broadband has been working from day one but the phone never worked. There is no dial tone on the phone. I have tried two phones, one wireless & other wired, both does not work. I have tried the Test socket on the Master socket and dont get dial tone.
When the BT engineer visited to install the broadband, there was dial tone on the line as he dialled some service number to get the telephone number. I have looked at the wiring and it seem he has hooked the green-white and white-green wires to the Master socket, all other wires are disconnected. I am not sure if this how the phone connections should be and I don't understand the BT wiring.
Any help in this regards is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
P.S. I have logged a call with Plusnet support, but after 10, it is yes to be resolved. Last I heard was 'The engineer report we received has advised that the fault you reported has been cleared following work done on the line into the property' but still no dial tone.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No Dial tone but broadband (fibre) working

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear about the fault. Assuming that's still an issue we'll need to report that back to our suppliers for you.
Bear with us and there should be an update to ticket 78242521 ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No Dial tone but broadband (fibre) working

Our testing is still showing there's a external issue.
I'm getting this picked up for you now and i'll pop you a update on your question shortly
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team