Did you mean: 

No Dial tone and Slow internet and Keeps dropping

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: No Dial tone and Slow internet and Keeps dropping

Hi @zaywood27,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this issue may be causing you. I've taken a look into this today and raised a response via the open ticket on your account with a further update. The ticket can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
zaywood27
Dabbler

I thought I would have been updated about the problem by now ? But nothing yet at least inform me that it would not be fixed by today , that’s it for me really had enough
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @zaywood27, thank you for your post.

We're sorry that you weren't updated yesterday as you'd expected.

I've contacted Openreach directly for further information and they've advised me that the job has been assigned to an engineer today with an estimated response time of by 23:59 this evening.

Please note, this is an estimate and the works may be completed sooner.

Openreach have advised me to check back with them on Monday 26/11 to confirm the fault has been rectified their end.

We appreciate your patience in this matter, and really do understand your frustration.

Of course, as soon as the issue is rectified, we'll be able to look at ensuring you're not left out of pocket in paying for services you haven't received.

zaywood27
Dabbler

@OskarPapa thank you for your reply, and thank you for your understanding, the landline is now working and the internet speed started to pick up but still intermittent. I can live with that after what I’ve lived with for some days 😂 . Hopefully it will get better with time
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm glad to hear your phone is now working. While the duct work has been completed, our tests are showing a high resistance problem on the line, which is likely causing the intermittent speed issues you're experiencing.

I've reported this back through to our suppliers and this should be hopefully investigated over the next couple of days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
zaywood27
Dabbler

just to update you that my internet now went very slow and intermittent , it does not seem to get better, can you please sort this problem.  

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're having issues still.

We've tested your line and from what we can see the connection is mostly stable as shown below and your speeds have improved

Can you confirm if you've been connected over a wired or wireless connection when you've been having issues?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
zaywood27
Dabbler

@MatthewWheeler thank you for the reply, I get the issue on wireless connection, I didnt try through wire connection, am connecting phones, laptop and an xbox all wireless all with the same problem, I have noticed very high Latency.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @zaywood27, I am sorry that there's still an issue. Can you connect a device via wire so we can see if you have the same problems?

If you aren't already, can you also connect the router to the test socket for the time being.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
zaywood27
Dabbler

@LaurenB Thank you for your reply, it seems that the speed Via wired connection is way better than the wireless as I have connected the laptop and run speed test, it seems only through the wireless connection were I face huge latency and lagging. 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @zaywood27, thanks for your post.

Just to confirm, as I'm getting a mixed message of what's going on.

Is the wireless issue only present during bad weather, or are you experiencing it even during periods of 'nice'(UK) weather?

On checking the connection logs it certainly seems as though is a wireless only issue as we just aren't seeing enough drops for the actual line to be being impacted by a fault.

I can see that you mentioned you'd already looked at troubleshooting, can you confirm that you've had a look at all of the information here?

Please let us know, so that we can proceed with further diagnostics if needs be.