Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dial tone and FTTC connection very very slow

vimesuk
Grafter

No Dial tone and FTTC connection very very slow

Hi
After a rock solid connection for years we now have no dial tone and our FTTC connection is pitifully slow. I have followed the fault diagnostics and reporting utility and got a fault number of : 120275623 and a report....
Fault details
--------------
Fault location: CE
Diagnosis code: T008
Description: FAULT - Dis One Leg In Network
External fault reason
....Am I correct in understanding th  tI will not actually need to give someone a ring from my mobile to progress this...?

Thanks Smiley
10 REPLIES 10
vimesuk
Grafter

Re: No Dial tone and FTTC connection very very slow

Apparently I did everything correct and the fault has been noted with Openreach.  
Hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. From the information you have provided, the line tester has found an external fault and would have raised it straight to our suppliers. Phone faults are usually resolved within 48 working hours (excluding weekends), however it can vary due to engineer resource in your area. I can check up on it Monday morning for you Smiley
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
vimesuk
Grafter

If you can check up on Monday I'll appreciate that.  Thanks for the offer.
A pity that they do not work over the weekend,  but I'll bet that I'm not alone  with that thought.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Hello. I can see that an engineer has been assigned to this job as of this morning. Our faults team will keep you updated on the progress of the fault through the ticket on your account.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
vimesuk
Grafter

Thanks for that.
That would explain why there is no line noise at all now and the FTTC connection is totally dead.
Fingers crossed and please keep us updated.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

vimesuk
Grafter

^^^^ send them round to me please Smiley
Ok So I guess that my job has been passed over to the Underground engineers. Any time as still no working phone line.....?

Thanks
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi vimesuk,
My colleague has updated the ticket 120275623  earlier today and once the engineer has been assigned you will be updated on the ticket.
vimesuk
Grafter

Hi
Phone fault now repaired as the OR visited our house and confirmed a break in the cable about 100m away. Diagnostics and tests show that all is well but now the FTTC seems to be much much slower than the lines capacity. I have noted that here.....
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148861.0.html
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I can see that our suppliers have also advised us they cleared the fault. I'm glad that our support team sorted out your speed.