cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dial Tone

absolutepleb
Dabbler

No Dial Tone

Our and line currently has no dial tone since the engineer came to upgrade to fibre. We bought another wired phone to test the line and it's the same. Tried the phone line sockets in both the porch and living room to no avail. Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No Dial Tone

Just running a few tests for you.
[EDIT]
Our tests are showing you have a loop fault which can sometimes be a internal issue.
You've mentioned you have two sockets where you have your phone's connected.
Which one is the master socket (the one the engineer worked on) and do you still have any microfilters in place?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
absolutepleb
Dabbler

The sockets are in two different rooms. As far as I know the engineer fitted it on the secondary socket because there is no room for a phone/router in the porch (where the master socket is), he said said it wouldn't be a problem so I guess he switched something around. We aren't using any micro filters.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Would have thought any competent OR engineer would check for dial tone at the premises afore he leaves, having done
some engineering tasks.
absolutepleb
Dabbler

I was asked to check the internet after he was done, which was fine.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Would have thought any competent OR engineer

Unfortunately most installs are done by Contractors!
We aren't using any micro filters
Unless a new filtered faceplate was fitted then you still need to use microfilters. Or it could be that whatever was done to the wiring isn't quite correct. Either way, try using a filter to connect the phone.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.