Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dial Tone

Caerefail
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

No Dial Tone

Hello all,

Following the bad storms last week my phone line has been completely dead, no induction tones or anything. The fault was reported to Plusnet on 11 August and a ticket raised, which was due to be updated on 14 August.

As we have very poor mobile reception here the landline is essential to enable us to keep in touch - could a Plusnet representative please check on the progress of question #204872738 as soon as possible - pretty please?!!

Fortunately, FTTC is still working so I have internet access.

7 REPLIES 7
Taylor09
Grafter

Re: No Dial Tone

Hi,  I hate replies to post which say "I can't help you but my problem is...' but, just to let you know you are not alone.  We came back from a holiday last weekend and have the same issue.  It was reported on the 9th, due to be fixed on 12th, now told that OpenReach engineer due to fix by 20th - very poor service by OpenReach.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Caerefail 

I'm sorry for the problems with your phone. I've messaged you back via Facebook just a moment ago but to post here too, the fault's part of a common fault in the area affecting other people too as of the last update we've got on 14th August.

Unfortunately I've not been able to get in touch with Openreach's helpdesk for further information tonight. As I'm out of the office tomorrow and Thursday I'm passing this to a colleague to chase this up in my absence.

Hopefully this is sorted by Friday but if it isn't I'll follow this up with you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Caerefail Just as I posted that I got through to an adviser at Openreach's helpdesk and I've been advised that an external field engineer is scheduled to go out on Friday to investigate further.

I'll follow things up with you after then and chase this up again if needed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Caerefail
Rising Star

Thanks @Gandalf (Anoush),
It's good to hear something, we guessed it was fairly major from the strength of the strike. We were just a bit concerned as our next-door neighbours phones are working. I'm glad you've picked this up as I know now that it will be followed up.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Caerefail I’ll make sure we get this sorted for you as soon as we can. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Caerefail
Rising Star

Just to update this post - we got dial tone back on Thursday afternoon (20th August) after 10 days without a phone. As we have very poor mobile signal where we live this was far from ideal but at least we are back working now. Having said that, I have no doubt that the problem was NOT with Plusnet but with Openreach. In fact I wonder how long we would have had to wait had it not been for @Gandalf  taking ownership of the fault and following it up. Many thanks @Gandalf (who has already been updated via the ticket raised).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back @Caerefail 

Glad to see you've got your phone back and sorry for the time you've had without it. The fault report's still open with Openreach and another engineer's due out tomorrow as the 'lead task' on the common fault isn't 100% fixed. A common fault generally consists of the lines affected and then what's called a lead task that's the underlying problem.

I'll check back the day after on Wednesday.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet