cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dial Tone on landline - No calls out or in !!!

DangerMoose

No Dial Tone on landline - No calls out or in !!!

Hi Plusnet.
I have tried in vain to register this fault via online chat - you have a fault with that as the session breaks off - anyway....
I have a phone landline fault.
No dial tone. Calls can not get to me.
I have followed the online instructions and connected directly into main socket - but same problem.
Help please urgently. Embarrassed Embarrassed
10 REPLIES 10
DangerMoose

Re: No Dial Tone on landline - No calls out or in !!!

I have tried plugging into socket inside main socket but same fault.
Please help.
DangerMoose

Internet is working though.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm just testing your line now, I'll create a ticket on your account shortly.
For future reference you can report phone faults here: http://portal.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

The testing detected a fault external to your premises and we've been advised it should be fixed on the 19th (Friday).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
DangerMoose

Friday and come and gone ... and NO FIX.
Where is a status screen where I can see the progress of this problem.
If I changed supplier, would the problems still be there.
What was BT's response to what they found on Friday ?
What Plusnet email can I get a prompt response on these issues (my phone line is down)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

DangerMouse,
In answer to your questions...
1. Changing RETAIL supplier will have zero benefit to you (Ofcom's recent announcement is a waste of paper) as irrespective of the ISP / CP it is the same WHOLESALE supplier and INFRASTRUCTURE - BT Wholesale and BT Openreach.  Changing supplier simply changes who you pay your bill to - the problem will move with you AND BTOR will not permit service changes on lines which have an open fault report
2. Use the Tickets link below to find your support ticket.  Yes, they are impossible to find and PlusNet has turned a deaf ear to the multiple requests to reinstate links to the ticket systems.  There are a few rebels around here offering "back door" links to enable users such as your self to access the information you need.
3. PlusNet do not respond to email queries - you need to use Phone, Chat or the ticket system if you can find it.
You might care to write to Andy baker PlusNet CEO to ask why such poor service from BTOR is tolerated, what is he personally doing to improve the service received and when will PlusNet make access to the ticket system easy for those users with a real need to use it?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I apologise for the problems that you are experiencing. I've just called BT about the problem now, which apparently is a line card problem (within the exchange), which ultimately results in delays in getting the matter sorted.
Our faults team will continue to chase this for you (ticket 105965853) and I (assuming I remember) will check it for you on Monday.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
DangerMoose

Wow, thanks for that details and most helpful reply Townman!
I do understand about the single pipe into my house, but with fibre there is an alternative (unless I've got that wrong)
So now all Plusnet can do is to chase up the fault with BTOR and keep me well informed - I don't think that used to happen.
I'll will contact Andy Baker as to the outcome of this Townman - if BTOR do a poor job that should be formally flagged up to the regulator with stats from Plusnet.
So if that problem should affect a number of local houses near me ? ie anyone whose line physically plugs into that card ?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi DM,
Not wanting to get too technical here in answering your question...
With ADSL your voice and data services are joined together in the exchange at the frame.  They then travel together to your local cabinet over the e-side copper circuit.  From there they connect to your home over the d-side copper circuit.
With fibre, the data service travels to the cabinet over fibre, the voice service remains on the copper e-side.  In the cabinet they are conjoined over the d-side circuit.
Given yours is a voice issue, switching to fibre has no impact on your issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

Hi there,
I've just checked the fault and we were advised this was cleared earlier today at the exchange. Is it working now?