cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dial Tone but don't want to risk call out charge!

WalkingRed

No Dial Tone but don't want to risk call out charge!

HI , all of a sudden my phone seems to have stopped working. No dial tone (broadband is fine, if slower). Phone does not ring on incoming calls and cannot be answered.

I tried the online troubleshooter by plugging a corded phone into the test socket - No Dial Tone still, and still cannot make or answer calls. If I call my landline with my mobile, although I can hear a ring in my mobile, the landline does not ring. It does show miscall. On one occasions I saw the red 'ringing light on the landline' but no bell and could not be answered. Tried using spare corded phone plugged into landline but same prolem.

Tried the online line-test but it jumps to 'oops something went wrong'. I then check my messages which seems to have been updated (by me, must be via line-test) and says: Fault Location: CE Diagnosis Code: T007 Description: Dis one leg in Network. Queue waiting times are estimated quite long so seeing if any help available via here!

Grateful for any help!

12 REPLIES 12
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: No Dial Tone but don't want to risk call out charge!

It means that one of the two wires from your house to the cabinet has become disconnected or cut.
Plusnet should pick up the ticket created by the fault tester and call and Openreach engineer out for you.
As you've plugged into the test socket and the fault is still there, it is very unlikely that you will get charged.
Broadband can still work with just one wire connected, the speed should return to normal once everything has been connected back up properly.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hello there.

We'll send out an engineer within the next 48 hours to investigate the line fault. You won't be charged unless we arrange an appointment with you and there's no fault found with the wholesale network/line.

At this point, we've not booked an appointment and an engineer should be able to fix it without access to your property.

I hope this helps

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
delboydodo

Hi, We've got exactly the same problem with our phoneline completely dead but broadband working, this happened previously 2 weeks ago and was fixed overnight followed by an openreach 'how did we do message'.

We have elderly family who rely on us calling or being called by landline and  to have this occur twice now is really bad.

Please please get an urgent fix and make it permanent because right now you are not doing us proud !

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@delboydodo

My tests aren't detecting any problems.

Can you run through the checks here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 and http://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/ letting us know how you get on?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
WalkingRed

Seems to be working now. Those engineers must have fixed it without visiting my home. Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Great stuff Thumbs_Up thanks for coming back to let us know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
delboydodo

Hi, ours got fixed overnight as well, thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's good to hear.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
WalkingRed

And it's off again. They seem to have come and broken it again overnight. This is becoming infuriating.

It is necessary for any fixed phone line to be reliable or you cannot have peace of mind. I feel I have to check it frequently because i don't know if it is on or not.

WalkingRed

Is it possible to mark this post as 'not fixed' again? Otherwise it is misleading.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Fix removed as requested by OP.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear the fault appears to have returned.

From looking at your account I can see you've since spoken to one of my colleagues of our faults team and we've arranged for another engineer to take another look into this for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet