Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dial Tone (Me Too)

gregshaw
Rising Star

No Dial Tone (Me Too)

Hi,

I have no dial tome  Sad

I would like to raise a fault with my telephone line not having a dial tone, I have tried the fault reporting/testing tool @ https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter  but always received an 'ooops something went wrong' message at the end.

I have plugged an old fashioned phone directly into the wall socket, still no dial tone and unable to make phone calls.

Broadband fibre seems fine.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: No Dial Tone (Me Too)

That response seems to be the default one whenever used. You need to plug in to Test Socket within the
BT/ OR to eliminate your downstream (internal) wiring being at fault.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: No Dail Tone (Me Too)

Hi @gregshaw,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue with our services. I have reviewed your account this evening and I can see that since posting this thread you've spoken to our Technical Support Team who have escalated this matter further. A ticket has been left on your account to reflect your conversation, which will be updated as our investigation goes ahead. The ticket in question can be viewed here.

If you have any further queries or issues you'd like to raise with us during the fault investigation then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
gregshaw
Rising Star

Thankyou.

Reassuring that the "Help Team" do monitor these forums.

I have removed the front of the master socket and plugged an old corded telephone into the "Test" socket, still no dial tone and unable to make or receive calls.. The Internet continues to work normally.

I have managed to arrange an Engineer visit for next Tuesday via the 0800 number and using a mobile phone.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@gregshaw,

Thanks for letting us know. After the visit please feel free to update us or let us know if you continue to experience any issues.

gregshaw
Rising Star

Open Reach Engineer has called today as arranged.

All Line Fault Tests  passed from suppliers end, but Engineer has identified the problem from my end (outside my boundary).

*Happily fault is now resolved* -  Seems to be a damaged wire in Green Cabinet ?

Here is a copy of his report........

QBC Summary Start ===Customer Report: End customer advised of no dial tone / voice on the line. / What was found: The line was noisy due to Openreach network issue. I have not identified any issue in exchange or DSLAM. No number porting issue is identified. / Initial test results: DeltaR test performed at NTE back plate. The test passed with resistance within permissible range for voice on 2019-03-26T11:33:51. PQT performed at NTE backplate. The test passed on 2019-03-26T11:33:51. / Actions to resolve: Engineer has resolved the fault located at the D-side including aerial cables / lead-in / block terminal. The fault was located outside the end customer's curtilage and shown by cut / damage to wire / cable. The fault was fixed by clearing on block terminal. / Additional information: No additional work was carried out on the end customer''s wiring / equipment beyond the NTE at their request and within TRC banding. / Final test results: Final PQT performed at the NTE back plate. The test passed on 2019-03-26T11:48:23. Final FastTest completed. Engineer was unable to complete an automated test. Engineer confirmed service restored on 26/03/2019 11:52:43. === QBC Summary End ===.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @gregshaw,

We are happy to hear that the engineer has found the cause of the issue and your service is back up and running. Please keep an eye on it and get back to us if you have any further problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
gregshaw
Rising Star

Actually, I seem to have a new problem.........

Before the Engineer fixed my landline, my Internet speed (Fibre Extra) has always been around 70Mbps even when the landline was not working.

Now, however, the MAX I can get is 38 Mbps.

What could have  happened?

gregshaw
Rising Star

Ha!  Ha!   -  I have rebooted my router and all seems to be back to normal now.

Thank goodness - 70 Mbps down  and  20 Mbps Up just like it used to be.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @gregshaw,

I'm sorry that your speed dropped following the fault, I'm glad to hear that rebooting the router has resolved this.

Please let us know if you experience any further connection problems or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Nice one @gregshaw 

Hope your problem is sorted now, and thanks for letting us know how it went. I like these kind of posts where people let us know how it went - it helps the community.

I had a fault once, it wasn't a case of No Dial Tone, but the line was extremely noisy. I could hear it even with the dial tone going, but I did a 17070 option 2 quiet line test anyway and I could still hear it.

The engineer I called out was very good and identified the fault straight away as outside my property.

Weird as he plugged some device (into the test socket) which must have been sending signals to himself remotely. Quite interesting.

Though I give credit to people on the forums here, it is only me being on here and reading the posts that I knew what to do. Smiley

gregshaw
Rising Star

Yes - All is fine now.................

Apart from ongoing (3 months today) issue with Billing.

Plusnet are unable to access my account "Billing" to implement my "new" Contract , so I continue to be overcharged. They have promised to refund all overcharging when they finally get access to it.

I believe there are a large number of people affected from the systems update at Plusnet in September 2018. At this time I was charged Line Rental each month even though I had prepaid with "Line Rental Saver". Each month I was refunded, then......repeat !!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @gregshaw 

I'm glad to see your line is up and running now though I'm sorry to see we've been overcharging you every month and we're unable to rectify this at the moment. I've requested that we suspend billing on your account while this is a problem. This should help ensure we don't continue to overcharge you and we'll ensure any overcharges are refunded once this is sorted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet