Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dial Tone - Again!

phj
Dabbler

No Dial Tone - Again!

Hello,

I have a landline problem whereby my broadband is still working, but there is no dial tone on the phone. Incoming callers get the phone ringing tone, but the phone handset doesn't actually ring. This is a repeat of a past fault (third time now) in the last 4 or 5 years. Request a permanent fix this time please.

All of the fault finding instructions have been followed to rule out my own equipment. I've also tried the automated phone line checker, but the result comes back as "the result of your line check is unclear".

Please raise a support ticket and advise the number/where I can view progress of the ticket.

Thank you,

Peter

4 REPLIES 4
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: No Dial Tone - Again!

Good morning @phj

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your landline phone. I've just run two separate phone line tests which are not showing any issues with the service. I need some clarity if that's okay. when you pick the phone up, can you hear a dial tone at all? Or is it that you just can't hear the phone ring when someone calls you?

The notes on the previous fault look slightly different, in that incoming callers were diverted to your voicemail service straight away without the phone ringing at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
phj
Dabbler

Hello @adam945 

Thank you for the reply. My son managed to fix this problem over the weekend for me. It turns out that the separate test phone I also used to test the line was faulty! What are the chances of that?

After having used a third phone, I can confirm the phone line is working as it should and the matter can be considered closed.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @phj,

I'm sorry to hear that's been sorted out now Smiley If you run into any other issues then please give us a shout and we'll be happy to help out.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@TheMightyAJ wrote:

Hi @phj,

I'm sorry to hear that's been sorted out now Smiley

Huh

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530