cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Caller ID despite service showing 'active'

pauljhair

No Caller ID despite service showing 'active'

Hello
I've recently switched from BT to Plusnet. Since my switch, my Caller ID service hasn't worked - no number displayed on incoming calls.
Calling *234# gives the message "The service requested is not available on this line".
Can you please check if the order has been placed?
Thanks
P
6 REPLIES 6
Punter

Re: No Caller ID despite service showing 'active'

Atleaqst you can receive calls Paul, not been able to for over a month Crazy
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

For some reason, the order to our suppliers went through twice. The second one actually removed the call feature.
I've got a new order in place now and it should be active within the next 24 hours.
EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to placing the order, but it should still be active within 24 hours  Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
pauljhair

Thanks Harry. Ended up speaking to Daniel Squire at Tech Support - he's cancelled and placed the order for me.
Cheers
Paul
dick:quote
chalbury
Grafter

I used to have "Caller ID' then it stopped for no reason, called support and they said it is switched on but dialling the 234 number says that it is switched off. Plusnet agreed to turn it off at their end and I need to call them tomorrow to get it reinstated. It seems from this forum that mine is not an isolated case!
chalbury
Grafter

My problem was fixed by Plusnet turning off the service then turning it back on the next day but what a palaver getting through to them. Nowadays they seem to have more customers with problems and not enough staff to deal with them!
chalbury
Grafter

I wonder if there is some glitch in Plusnet system software which switches off Caller Display randomly. This could be cured by a regular reset to Caller Display for those who are paying for it.