Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Caller I.D and not available ?

FIXED
NickT
Dabbler

No Caller I.D and not available ?

Hi,

Since October last year Ive been paying for Caller I.D and not getting it, I had a sales (sorry customer service)call in December and I informed them and was told I had to call technical support. I did say you are having a laugh as I dont have enough time to sit at home listening to dodgy music and despite him putting my issues on to his computer it still does not display.

Today I am off so I rang the number but hung up after 10 minutes because that is not "award winning customer service" (thats your saying not mine).

Now I have tried *#234# or *234# or whatever it was and I get the same message saying service not available.

I do pay for the service every month.

Any Ideas apart from holding on for there "award winning customer service" as I will just leave Plusnet as they are not providing me with the service I am paying for (breach of contract) .

Cheers

Nick

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No Caller I.D and not available ?

I've just checked your line and it appears caller display wasn't added.

This should be sorted in the next 30 minutes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NickT
Dabbler

Matthew, Thats a result and thankyou.

I'm on hold to customer service as my Fibre speeds are shocking....DL 19.51 UL 1.87    Lat 13ms Jit 1ms.

Any chance you can look into that for me. I have all the usual things done and router is in the Master socket (plate off).

Thanks

Nick

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

If you test the caller display now it should work.

With regards to your fibre speeds I can see you've contacted us and we've raised this to our suppliers.

We'll update you as soon as we know more.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NickT
Dabbler

Hi Matthew,

All good here and thanks for your quick fix. As for Fiber yes they are checking it and will update.

Cheers

Nick

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem let us know if you haven't heard from our Faults team after 72 hours.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dozydave
Dabbler

Caller Display costs Plusnet ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to provide. It is therefore a complete rip-off that they have the nerve to charge customers for it.

The fact that you have been swindled out of what you have paid for is also an absolute disgrace. Please let Ofcom know about the situation as only by making a formal complaint against Plusnet will there be a (minute admittedly) chance that this company will be brought to book.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@NickT

I've issued a refund for the time paid for caller display and not having it.

@dozydave

Caller Display costs Plusnet ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to provide. It is therefore a complete rip-off that they have the nerve to charge customers for it.

It does cost us to provide this, as do most call feature. We have to pay a wholesale cost for them.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dozydave
Dabbler

I'm glad to hear you've repaid NickT for the service you didn't provide.

By "we have to pay a wholesale cost" I take it that you mean Plusnet (BT) pays Openreach (BT). Rather sounds like an accounting fiddle to me!

The fact is that telephone exchanges come with the caller ID facility, it just needs deactivating or activating on a particular line. All the equipment does is send a few pulses down to the user's phone.

As I said, it costs NOTHING to do this so BT is ripping off customers by charging for this so-called 'service', whether via Openreach or Plusnet. The same applies to a whole host of other so-called 'telephone services'.